Dang kid

Help Support CattleToday:

I am not going to answer that Hook. Positive thinking helps, in the morning see how long you can make it without smoking a cigarette. And then try to beat it the next day. Hopefully one of these days you can "take it one day at a time" thats the challenge.

If im asleep or dead LT. I can go long periods if im occupied. But keeping my mind occupied is a challenge in itself. 20-30 minutes is a stretch.
I will do this. But until i break the physical habit its not gonna be fun. I know myself enough to know im not going to do this without a crutch of some type.
Funny thing is i can stop drinking at the drop of a hat. Done it several times just because.
Smoking however has me by the balls.

Hook you don't wanna end up like my dad ... He ended up with c.o.p.d at 50 .. from smoking .. it took him 5 years to meet the requirements to get a lung transplant ..during that five years they did a couple experimental surgeries on him .. when he finally. Was cleared to get the transplant he had 11% lung function left .. and he could only get one lung because of the complications from the other surgerys.he went from 5 foot 11 175 to 112 lbs .. on the bright side he had the transplant in Feb. And as of yesterday he ran out of deer tags.. but most people aren't that lucky ... I tried several times to get him to stop smoking .. I know it would mean the world to your son ... Good luck ..

Thx js. Im glad your dad is doing well.
I will do this.
If i say it enough times it becomes fact right?lol

I have been quit since July. Took Chantix for several months and smoked 3 packs a day while taking them. Finally a very good friend talked me into trying to just stop. I got up the next morning and put the smokes and lighter in my pocket just like every day. Carried them every day for a week but never smoked one. Then put them in the glove box of the truck and they are still there. You can do it. The idea that your son wants you to quit will help u more than all the meds.

Hook, I've never smoked, but my mom smoked for 40 years and has been quit for 10 years, she had to try over and over, when she failed she immediately tried to quit again and finally was successful.

The deal with your son, why the little feller knows how to hit below the belt :lol2: . It would sure be nice if you could show him just how big dad really is. Believe me it will come in handy in your dealings with him when he gets older.

Good Luck!!!!!!

Larry

If you can find out what motivates you it will help.

My friend was a keen gardener and did not put poisons over his fruit and vegies.

He went and saw the tobacco being grown and saw them spraying with DDT and it not being washed off.

He never smoked again.

As you know you are grouchy if quitting smoking, think about how intelligent you are. You are going to be extra nice to absolutely everyone. You are not going to get upset, frustrated or angry.

You have the power and ability to think any thought you want.

At the moment you keep saying that you cannot go cold turkey. The more you say it, the more it will happen.

Start saying many times a day that you can go cold turkey and succeed. You can be extra nice to everyone. (Always positive. Do not say "I will be extra nice and not be grouchy as the mind will not pick up the 'not' and you will be grouchy.

Other affamations to say over and over again in your head or out loud or into a mirror.

Every day in every way I am getting better and better and better.

I'm Alive. I'm well. I feel Great.

You can make up your own. Just remember to keep them positive.

I've posted before about how I quit but I don't think anyone thought it to be important.
But what I did was to decide that I "don't smoke". I conciously repeated that decision to myself every time I wanted one. 100s,1000s of time a day.
I felt terrible---so?

I will repeat some wise word from the Master Yoda which helped me.
LUKE: (Seeing Yoda levitate a sunken X-wing fighter) "I don't...I don't believe it."
YODA: That is why you fail.

Another Yoda quote that is very powerful if taken seriously:

"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

I really do feel for y'all that are trying to quit smoking--I simply can't relate--never have smoked except for some stupid social times in teen years. Those times probably added up to one full day of smoking total but anyway, my dad's dad smoked for 65 years and then just quit cold turkey. He died of cancer at 85 and I'm sure it was smoking related, he might have lived to be over 100 if he hadn't smoked and ate better. He also never drank plain water, just tea and milk. I do remember never liking it at all, it must be a genetic thing?

I only drink water out of a hose, beer an coffee in the morning.
I think ill start with the smokes and go from there

Latest posts