dang in laws

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

As I've mentioned before, my MIL bought the parcel next to us.I've been clearing the land, and playing GC trying to coordinate the development and infrastructure. Now, that's no small feat since she keeps changing her mind about layout, site plan, decking around, etc. she keeps trying to pay me but there's no way ill take any money from her, and she is paying actual costs. I do let her pay for my beer on the days I work on the place. So what does she do? her and my wife come home with a smoker in the back of her truck. Big enough to do a decent size bbq pig

I guess she sensed my frustration with all her change orders. I guess ill have to put it to some good use :mrgreen:

MAN... Talk about taking advantage. :( After all that hard work now they expect you to start doing the COOKING as well?!!! I supose next they'll make you skip a day of work to go hunt down dinner for them as well.
That's pretty rough, my freind... sorry about your luck.

That's what the cows are for right? So I don't have to go hunt as often! Geeze, can't I get a break from these dang family members!haha

hooknline":2smz5zeg said:
As I've mentioned before, my MIL bought the parcel next to us.I've been clearing the land, and playing GC trying to coordinate the development and infrastructure. Now, that's no small feat since she keeps changing her mind about layout, site plan, decking around, etc. she keeps trying to pay me but there's no way ill take any money from her, and she is paying actual costs. I do let her pay for my beer on the days I work on the place. So what does she do? her and my wife come home with a smoker in the back of her truck. Big enough to do a decent size bbq pig

I guess she sensed my frustration with all her change orders. I guess ill have to put it to some good use :mrgreen:
Don't sweat it............she put it on your Visa...;) :)

Now thats just awfull,Hook. Now on your free time you'll have to use the smoker and drank the free beer!! I just couldn't live like that. :) :)

Cal

I know, its a rough life. Gonna smoke some short ribs on the new smoker tonight. I'm going to go sit on the tractor for a while so I can get some more free beer

hooknline":1lrkcoeu said:
I know, its a rough life. Gonna smoke some short ribs on the new smoker tonight. I'm going to go sit on the tractor for a while so I can get some more free beer

Let me know what time and I'll be there. To help you sample the food and drink the free beer that is. :D :D

Cal

hooknline":1xdgds92 said:
You'll have to sit on the tractor to get the free beer though

I can do that last 3 weeks I've had some good practice. :) I f I finish my honey do job in time that is. Got to tear out a counter top range and remodel for a reg range and make cabinets where the oven was.Should be finished in an hour .Don't ya think?

Cal

If you take your time you might be done in an hour. I could do it in 1/2 hour but it would be pretty

free beer and a smoker now thats something youll really enjoy.an i bet those ribbs was good.

You know the joke...

What's the difference between in-laws and outlaws?... Outlaws are wanted!

;-)

Just curious-why aren't you letting her pay you? She would have to pay someone to do it, your time is worth something-isn't it?

She's on a fixed income and has a pretty tight budget to make this work for her. And I have a rule that I made for myself years ago, I won't profit off of family. Just too easy for things to go south.

She's on a fixed income and has a pretty tight budget to make this work for her. And I have a rule that I made for myself years ago, I won't profit off of family. Just too easy for things to go south.

Hooknline: Good rule.

Well, so far, I have saved her 10k and she still is going to come in 2k over her projected costs. Mainly because she bought a huge mobile home that she fell in love with that was 5k over budget. The MH is a 1999 16x80 fully furnished that she gave 15 for. So, that's why I'm doing this. So she gets everything she wants and more for darn close to her budget. Ill get paid in other ways that won't be seen for years to come hopefully

I have been blessed with a great Mother in law also, and a Granny in law thats 97 and spends the winter with us. When things aren't going as planned my dad tells us. " you can pick your friends, but your stuck with your family "

highgrit":erlcfnpp said:
I have been blessed with a great Mother in law also, and a Granny in law thats 97 and spends the winter with us. When things aren't going as planned my dad tells us. " you can pick your friends, but your stuck with your family "
Folks that age are pretty precious. Bet she has her very own opinion about things too. ;-)

Latest posts