Damned tree huggin peta supporters

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisonb

Reaction score
tncattle467-It is people like you that make me positively ill!!!! You don't have to be a 'damned tree hugger' to see that the calf is not having as much 'fun' as the likes of you watching something cruel and unnatural as this. You then have the audacity to point a finger and judge others that are not intrigued with the maltreating of these creations.
Can you imagine for one moment what would happen to animals if there were no such thing as the 'damned tree huggers'? The consequences?--Sorry,you proberly couldn't!!

I've always enjoyed rodeos, especially the skill and daring it takes. But I gotta admit, the calf roping always made me a little uneasy. Got no use for PETA. Their methods are usually misleading, if not outright lies, and we all know what their ultimate agenda is. But even they can't be wrong 100% of the time.

Where does it say PETA?

This clearly doesn't sound like it was written by PETA:

Calves are commonly choked during roping in rodeos. This is not representative of the way calves are treated on ranches.

VanC":234bimkt said:
I've always enjoyed rodeos, especially the skill and daring it takes. But I gotta admit, the calf roping always made me a little uneasy. Got no use for PETA. Their methods are usually misleading, if not outright lies, and we all know what their ultimate agenda is. But even they can't be wrong 100% of the time.

Me too Van , I like everything about rodeos except the calf roping . :(

PETA is in it for shock and profit and that is it.

As soon as you say one thing may be unacceptable you open the floodgates.

Saying anything in rodeo is inhumane discredits a hundred years of stewardship.
Use your heads before you post. The freaks lurk.

AngusLimoX":1qv12sm7 said:

Use your heads before you post? Are you saying we should cower in the corner and be afraid to say anything because some animal rights nut might be watching? No thanks. As soon as we do that, they win.

I'm not sure if calf roping is inhumane or not but, as I said, it makes me uneasy, and I'm not going to shy away from saying it. Doesn't matter who might be watching.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, sometimes people do mistreat animals. Not saying thats the case here, but it happens. Am I supposed to keep my mouth shut and not speak out against it just because, God forbid, I might be agreeing with some nut once in awhile? Again, no thanks.

VanC":2pv0ibap said:
AngusLimoX":2pv0ibap said:

Use your heads before you post? Are you saying we should cower in the corner and be afraid to say anything because some animal rights nut might be watching? No thanks. As soon as we do that, they win.

I'm not sure if calf roping is inhumane or not but, as I said, it makes me uneasy, and I'm not going to shy away from saying it. Doesn't matter who might be watching.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, sometimes people do mistreat animals. Not saying thats the case here, but it happens. Am I supposed to keep my mouth shut and not speak out against it just because, God forbid, I might be agreeing with some nut once in awhile? Again, no thanks.

Good for you and all the other "uneasy" folks like alison. Used your head this time I see.

People say the world has become desensitized but in reality people have become overly sensitive and get up in the morning looking for something to offend them. they lurk on every website on the web and wait for something like this i will not back down i will not falter in my own beliefs and principles i feel that rodeo is a noble tradition that these people are trying to get removed from the world yet these same people scream bloody murder if we misspeak once about any other dying tradition they will never stop nor will I. I know this may make me look closed minded and arrogant but this is something that needed to be said. :mad:

VanC

To most people who watch the castration of cattle it makes them feel uneasy. At the same time I'm eating a sandwich. I guess the uneasy feelings are different for everyone. My suggestion to them don't watch. Kinda like strip clubs and bed bath and beyond stores. Some people don't like what goes on inside a strip club. I tell them you know what I don't like what goes on inside a bed bath and beyond store so I stay out of them, Try doing the same with the strip clubs. Seems this thought process could work elsewhere.

Calf roping looks worse than it is. The little boogers jump up and trot off as soon as they are released. The cowboys probably aren't putting any more hurt on them than the butts and bumps they get in the herd as a matter of course. Ever seen some old boss cow butt the snot out of some calf who wasn't paying attention and got too close? Nobody wants to see them take such a jerk they go airborn, or a horse that pulls back too hard and drags them, etc. But it's not an exact science.

options":2xpox3k4 said:
VanC

To most people who watch the castration of cattle it makes them feel uneasy. At the same time I'm eating a sandwich. I guess the uneasy feelings are different for everyone. My suggestion to them don't watch. Kinda like strip clubs and bed bath and beyond stores. Some people don't like what goes on inside a strip club. I tell them you know what I don't like what goes on inside a bed bath and beyond store so I stay out of them, Try doing the same with the strip clubs. Seems this thought process could work elsewhere.

That is why I do not watch it Options , I don't like it, so I do not watch. Your comparisons are not relative btw.

MO_cows":2co8v6xr said:
Calf roping looks worse than it is. The little boogers jump up and trot off as soon as they are released. The cowboys probably aren't putting any more hurt on them than the butts and bumps they get in the herd as a matter of course. Ever seen some old boss cow butt the snot out of some calf who wasn't paying attention and got too close? Nobody wants to see them take such a jerk they go airborn, or a horse that pulls back too hard and drags them, etc. But it's not an exact science.

I've seen old boss cows head butt a calf causing it to be airborne many times.
Those little boogers are pretty tough.

Cal

I doubt that many folks disagree with peta and shark as far as cruelty to, and abuse of animals is concerned. It's their tactics that most THINKING people object to. Find (or make up) a story or picture that proves the point you are trying to make, and use it no matter how false or stupid it turns out to be. The rundown of all the sins of folks involved in rodeos was real interesting. Now, just for comparison, I'd like to see them do the same research on school teachers, catholic priests, and NBA players (and maybe US senators). Personally, I think they damage their credibility very badly with these practices.

Now that I think of it, I don't remember them ever bemoaning the fact that bull riders get hurt with regularity. :tiphat:

MO_cows":3cidfllc said:
love calf ropin' did it for several years never killed a calf,, their tough , and the heifers were tougher than steers or bull calves... now steer trippin' is hard on stock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avUalKCAg-A

Do a word search in google with the key words in this thread. You'll get this one hit. The huggers will flock to this link like buzzards. Using your head simply means be careful what words you select. We've all seen it before.

hillsdown":2r42wjeb said:
Options , Your comparisons are not relative btw.
No, they are not relative. Neither is a cow head butting a calf and sending it flying. The point is is that calf roping is a preceived cruelty for the purpose of ENTERTAINMENT.

Some of you are as off base as the organizations you condemn.

alisonb":yhiuct83 said:
alacattleman":yhiuct83 said:
Wow! Thanks for sharing ala,great spectator value not to mention the macho man-the world could do with a few more of them-that really got my blood pumping!!!

Maybe you should get the facts before you make a comment that video is not true steer tripping i use steer tripping on a regular basis to doctor larger animals by myself without bringing them in there was no need to drag that steer but i obviously dont represent everyone on my side of the argument just as you dont either i represent myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts