Damned tree huggin peta supporters

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
herefordkid":3itfwbuc said:
alisonb":3itfwbuc said:
alacattleman":3itfwbuc said:
Wow! Thanks for sharing ala,great spectator value not to mention the macho man-the world could do with a few more of them-that really got my blood pumping!!!

Maybe you should get the facts before you make a comment that video is not true steer tripping i use steer tripping on a regular basis to doctor larger animals by myself without bringing them in there was no need to drag that steer but i obviously dont represent everyone on my side of the argument just as you dont either i represent myself.
bull!! thats exactlly the way its done... why do you think they hold the finals seperate from the rest in oklahoma,,, its outlawed in just about every state in america i was probably watching single steer trippin' before you where born

In all the rodeo's I've ever attended there has been more people hauled away on stretchers than there has the animals.

Cal

Let's put this calf roping thing to bed. I said what I said, and I stand by it. And, no, options, I don't watch, but thanks for the tip. There are lots of things that make me uneasy, and I try and avoid them when I can. That doesn't mean they don't still happen, and it doesn't mean because I don't see them I'm no longer uneasy about it.

As for PETA, I've made my feelings about them very clear many times. I know their methods and I know their ultimate agenda. I also know they will use any tactic to fulfill that agenda.

Now on to what really bothers me about the turn this thread has taken. Some of you think the best way to deal with PETA and their ilk is to keep our mouths shut. Hide under the covers and hope it goes away. Well, that ain't gonna cut it, folks. Do you really think that hiding from a problem, especially one that directly threatens your way of life, is going to make it go away?

I've got news for you: animal cruelty does exist, sometimes in animal agriculture. And here's another newsflash: the animal rights nuts already know that. What we say on this forum isn't going to make a dam bit of difference and it isn't going to give them more ammunition. Because of a few idiots they already have all the ammunition they need.

No, the way to deal with this problem isn't to keep hush hush about it. The way to deal with it is to confront it. Get YOUR message out to refute theirs. Tell the truth while they tell their lies. Show others that the vast majority of you are good, decent people that take care of your animals and your land better than anyone could imagine. Most people, even those that know nothing about agriculture or rodeos, are reasonable. They will listen and they will know the difference. And for God's sake, if you come across some idiot that's mistreating any animal, don't look the other way. Say something. Do something. Report it. If you don't show the rest of the world that you can police yourselves, someone will step in and do it for you. And I guarantee you, it won't be pretty.

VanC":2flf4266 said:
Let's put this calf roping thing to bed. I said what I said, and I stand by it. And, no, options, I don't watch, but thanks for the tip. There are lots of things that make me uneasy, and I try and avoid them when I can. That doesn't mean they don't still happen, and it doesn't mean because I don't see them I'm no longer uneasy about it.

As for PETA, I've made my feelings about them very clear many times. I know their methods and I know their ultimate agenda. I also know they will use any tactic to fulfill that agenda.

Now on to what really bothers me about the turn this thread has taken. Some of you think the best way to deal with PETA and their ilk is to keep our mouths shut. Hide under the covers and hope it goes away. Well, that ain't gonna cut it, folks. Do you really think that hiding from a problem, especially one that directly threatens your way of life, is going to make it go away?

I've got news for you: animal cruelty does exist, sometimes in animal agriculture. And here's another newsflash: the animal rights nuts already know that. What we say on this forum isn't going to make a dam bit of difference and it isn't going to give them more ammunition. Because of a few idiots they already have all the ammunition they need.

No, the way to deal with this problem isn't to keep hush hush about it. The way to deal with it is to confront it. Get YOUR message out to refute theirs. Tell the truth while they tell their lies. Show others that the vast majority of you are good, decent people that take care of your animals and your land better than anyone could imagine. Most people, even those that know nothing about agriculture or rodeos, are reasonable. They will listen and they will know the difference. And for God's sake, if you come across some idiot that's mistreating any animal, don't look the other way. Say something. Do something. Report it. If you don't show the rest of the world that you can police yourselves, someone will step in and do it for you. And I guarantee you, it won't be pretty.

Great post Van, thank you.

VanC":3piqcxf1 said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AND:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Van, when you actually can tell us something more than you are "uneasy", post away. Just use your head.

But be careful, you gave Alice an awful case of the claps the last time you posted.

AngusLimoX":1mux18yj said:
Ahhh, the people that say they are gonna speak their minds, but when someone else does they label it and say it should be censored.
Liberals.
Reminds me of the title of this post.

You just accused one of the most conservative people on here of being a liberal, because she soesn't agree with you lockstep. Doesn't do much for YOUR credibility now does it????

3waycross":1uqheto6 said:
[
I doubt that YOUR post was pulled because it differed with HD or anyone else here more likely because it offended the MODS(good or bad)

It wasn't pulled - pay attention here, I am typing slowly for you - a number of posts were lost when Macon had the server problem.

If internet typing is your idea of "manliness" then I guess you the man/typist.

I think HD has more manliness than you, sniping in a thread you haven't been man enough to post in. Man.

Grow up . Boy.

:banana:

( Boy we got PETA by the short ones on this thread! ). :lol: :lol:

3waycross":3sn1qpzc said:
I doubt that YOUR post was pulled because it differed with HD or anyone else here more likely because it offended the MODS(good or bad)
As far as I can see all posts from 8 Dec up until CT was up and running again were 'deleted'(or could not be saved??),I do not believe there was any specific agenda.

AngusLimoX":2c00vi9x said:
Ahhh, the people that say they are gonna speak their minds, but when someone else does they label it and say it should be censored.
Liberals.

Well MORON here's a quote of you running your mouth as usual. You do that until someone calls you on it and then you threaten violence(with your keyboard) I hope the other Canadians appreciate how intelligent and reasonable you make them look on here.

Say aren't you due to morph again sometime soon? Try turning into someone reasonable and decent this time.

BTW save your threats I am neither impressed nor scared, and if you don't like the way things go here vote with your feet and leave.

AngusLimoX":rqm0t2f5 said:
Liberals.

This was blatantly sent at me , you are the one that wanted Van and Alison to be censored to begin with by telling them to use their fricken heads before they post and when I suggest that the whole thread disappear I am a fricken liberal. :roll: You are the one that lives in Ontario not me.. ;-)

I said your reply was lost , you inferred that it was deleted .. Do I want this to go away yes, should I have ignored your post bringing this all back to the table again ,more than likely, bad judgement call on my part. Next time I will slap my sleek, long fingers and delete before I respond to such nonsense..

Now I am going to go out and pet my cattle and remind them how lucky they are to be in the care of me... :cowboy:

Merry Christmas all....... :santa:

3waycross":2aas76or said:
AngusLimoX":2aas76or said:
Liberals.

Well MORON here's a quote of you running your mouth as usual. You do that until someone calls you on it and then you threaten violence(with your keyboard) I hope the other Canadians appreciate how intelligent and reasonable you make them look on here.

Say aren't you due to morph again sometime soon? Try turning into someone reasonable and decent this time.

BTW save your threats I am neither impressed nor scared, and if you don't like the way things go here vote with your feet and leave.

What threats?

So in frustration you resort to childish name calling? Then you try to make it a country thing. Scared little people.

Been here for years, plan on staying. :tiphat:

On another note
Merry Christmas HD!

hillsdown":3sjtztwi said:
ALX if you wanted this to go away then why copy your last post again and bring it all up again. Stirring the shytt perhaps ?????????? :roll:

Personally I wish Macon would have lost this one forever.. ;-)

Reminder.
Mod wannabe

AngusLimoX":k9h6w691 said:
As soon as you say one thing may be unacceptable you open the floodgates.

Saying anything in rodeo is inhumane discredits a hundred years of stewardship.
Use your heads before you post. The freaks lurk

And I'm the mod wanna be ,,hardly .. You jumped on anyone that had a different opinion than you.. If I was mod there would be alot more posts left on here than not .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts