Dam it

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg

Reaction score
My wife and I are building a sunroom on our house. Foundation is in, building is roughed in, no windows yet.
Wanted to take some pictures, but my camera said my card is locked. Don't know what that means.
Anyway, this sunroom is my wife's project. No limit on what she wants. 500 sq. ft. The contractor friend and I came up with a cost of around $70k for the complete project. No problem, my wife has never done anything that she just simply wanted. I'm all for it.
Yesterday, my delivery truck from one of my wharehouses came and left Sara some pipe. 3 pieces of pex. THREE. He managed to cut the inside corner of my drive and break off the concrete corner of our new patio.

How do you do that? How dam hard is it to drive on the driveway? Especially if it's 25 feet wide!!!! For you people that hit curbs, drive in yards, hit the posts at MacDonalds, or the drive thrus at other places, WTF don't you know how to drive? Don't you realize you have a back end on your vichicle?

One time in my driveway, where there was a mudhole cuz' people couldn't stay on the drive, I put a board with nails drove in it. T Told 3 kids and my wife if none of them were ever driving in it, they shouldn't have a problem. Some guy drove in the hole and got 2 flat tires. Came to the house and told me about it. Told him, "Stay in the driveway, out of my yard, and you won't have a problem."
Someone tell me what is the problem with driving in someone's gravel drive.

Thanks gs

I durn well agree, and it pizzes me off. Cell phone driver, too. They are bad news to s motorbike, and a car for that matter, worse for a bike rider.

And friggin door dingger, they pizz me off too.

And, no, thank you..

JC

Haha, you sound a bit cranky Greg but I do sympathise with you, gets very frustrating. With regards to the camera, I am no expert but I think it means the little sliding tab on the side of the card is in the locked position, just slide it in the opposite direction. I have had the same problem and was reieved to find it was a simple fix.
Ken

That would gripe my a$$. We're building a house and the a$$holes that would avoid one little hole in the driveway and drive in my pasture would irritate the crap out of me. One idiot ran through my single stand electric fence and never called me or anything. I chewed out the general who cut lose on the sub who cut lose on the moron employee. I spenT thousands on a road, STAY OUT OF MY PASTURE!

Just so long as the wife never has to do without anything she wants all is well. :???: Glad she's yours.

People getting of the drive, could very well be my biggest gripe in life. It sickens me. It's such a simple thing to--------just stay on the drive.

:D TB, better explain. My wife has never spent any money on herself. I get buildings and corrals, bulls, cows and the like sometimes just because I can afford it.
She carried mail, walked, 7 hours a day. Found out the last year was on 4 broken bones in her ankle. She had to have her ankle replaced, can hardly walk now, but she was moved to the office. Her worker comp settlement is what is mostly paying for the sunroom. I am kickin' in around 20k of it for new furnace for house, new drive, upgrading elec panel, etc. Things that had to be done before I retire anyway.
200 year old cypress beams, maple flooring out of the original family home built in the 1870s, 150 year old shiplap flooring in part of it. All that makes for very high labor bills.
My wife has stayed around 39 years, and worked for the post office. As you are aware, putting up with that alone makes her better than me. Probably read your post wrong, but that ain't my wife. :D gs

Greg, to be honest I was thinking the same thing as TB. But as long as your happy, and mom's happy life's good. Our driveway is dirt, gravel and full of potholes and littered with cow crap.

My mistake Greg. Please accept my apologies.....And yes I know what postal worker so through. She has my prayers. I guess I'm fortunate. My wife made it to retirement without killing anybody on her route.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna' start some pic of the sunroom as it progresses. KEN FIXED MY CAMERA ALL THE WAY FROM AUS.!!!!!!!
Would have never gotten that with out him. gs

TexasBred":1z884rm9 said:
Just so long as the wife never has to do without anything she wants all is well. :???: Glad she's yours.
I spoil my wife. She works hard helping with the business and her requests are small so I make sure that I take note of the stuff that makes her happy and amplify it at least 10X because she won't ask. She's spoiled rotten. She deserves it.
Me personally, you can ram my truck, put ruts in my driveway, tear out half the fence turning a tractor around and I'll stand there and make excuses for you to save you the trouble but if you scratch my wife's car or track a bunch of mud in the house or try to get one over on her you're gonna get the fighting side of me. :mrgreen: She takes that kind of stuff personally but I don't. I do take her wishes very personally and I do it at a level that she can't.

I think we all like to spoil our wife but I'll never feel I have to try and buy her love, affection and approval. Fear is not part of the relationship.

I agree, TB. I work around a high class lake, not my kinda' people at all. I see some rich guy building his wife a house and the wife does the bching and he has to handle people for her to make her happy. They aren't really in love.
The "wanna' be rich, but not quite rich" wives are the worst. Have heard too many times,"but that's the way (insert real rich name) has it, why can't I."
It helps if the wives are at least pretty, the ugly and btching are the hard ones. gs

Latest posts