Daily Hair Products

Help Support CattleToday:

What would the vinegar do to aid with the Kleen Sheen?
As much as anything it would cheapen up your sheen. Also it's good for dandruff, dry skin and helps somewhat with insect control. It would still work, but that's not what we use anymore. Now I mix about 1 part of Sullivans Fighting Five with four parts sheen. It does all those things and also brings an anti-fungal into the equation.

As far as the other mixture mentioned above, I wouldn't use alcohol on a daily basis - it can really dry out skin and hair. By Absorbine Jr I'm guessing they meant Absorbine liniment. I've used a little with sheen for show day or clipping - it does help hair pop, but again I feel like it's a little harsh for daily use.

The main thing is keep them in the shade, with some fresh air moving. Rinse, brush, blow daily. Repeat. You shouldn't need to wash with soap more than once a week, it won't hurt to use conditioner after soaping. Sheen/Fighting Five is the only daily product we normally use, and not much of that.

Last edited:
As much as anything it would cheapen up your sheen. Also it's good for dandruff, dry skin and helps somewhat with insect control. It would still work, but that's not what we use anymore. Now I mix about 1 part of Sullivans Fighting Five with four parts sheen. It does all those things and also brings an anti-fungal into the equation.

As far as the other mixture mentioned above, I wouldn't use alcohol on a daily basis - it can really dry out skin and hair. By Absorbine Jr I'm guessing they meant Absorbine liniment. I've used a little with sheen for show day or clipping - it does help hair pop, but again I feel like it's a little harsh for daily use.

The main thing is keep them in the shade, with some fresh air moving. Rinse, brush, blow daily. Repeat. You shouldn't need to wash with soap more than once a week, it won't hurt to use conditioner after soaping. Sheen/Fighting Five is the only daily product we normally use, and not much of that.
Thank you for the info. Very much appreciated. Have just started with the mixtures. I'm amazed how well the kleen sheen and vinegar works to condition the hair.

Would love to know some different mixtures
awsome! I am working on starting up a bussiness so this is my passion at the moment. anyways here is one:

Ingredients:
- 2 cups of distilled water
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera juice
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon of argan oil
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil

Instructions:
1. In a clean spray bottle, combine the distilled water and aloe vera juice.
2. Add the vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil, argan oil, and vitamin E oil to the mixture.
3. Drop in the lavender essential oil and rosemary essential oil.
4. Screw the spray bottle cap tightly and shake well to ensure all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
5. Allow the mixture to sit for a few hours to let the scents infuse.
6. Shake the bottle before each use to blend the ingredients.

Usage:
1. Before applying the spray, ensure the cattle's coat is clean and dry.
2. Hold the spray bottle approximately 6-8 inches away from the animal's coat.
3. Spray a fine mist of the conditioning spray over the coat, avoiding contact with the eyes and sensitive areas.
4. Gently comb or brush the coat to distribute the spray evenly.
5. Allow the spray to air dry or lightly blow-dry the coat using a cool setting.

Benefits:
- The aloe vera juice and vegetable glycerin help moisturize and condition the hair, making it soft and manageable.
- Jojoba oil and argan oil provide nourishment and add shine to the coat.
- Vitamin E oil promotes a healthy coat and helps protect against environmental damage.
- Lavender essential oil has a calming effect on the animal and adds a pleasant scent.
- Rosemary essential oil stimulates blood circulation, promoting hair growth and overall coat health.

Note: It's important to test the spray on a small area of the animal's coat first to check for any allergic reactions. Discontinue use if any irritation occurs.
Certainly! Here's a recipe for a conditioning spray for show cattle:

Ingredients:

Instructions:
2. Add the vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil, argan oil, and vitamin E oil to the mixture.
4. Screw the spray bottle cap tightly and shake well to ensure all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.

Usage:
3. Spray a fine mist of the conditioning spray over the coat, avoiding contact with the eyes and sensitive areas.
5. Allow the spray to air dry or lightly blow-dry the coat using a cool setting.

Benefits:
- The aloe vera juice and vegetable glycerin help moisturize and condition the hair, making it soft and manageable.
- Vitamin E oil promotes a healthy coat and helps protect against environmental damage.
- Lavender essential oil has a calming effect on the animal and adds a pleasant scent.
- Rosemary essential oil stimulates blood circulation, promoting hair growth and overall coat health.

Note: It's important to test the spray on a small area of the animal's coat first to check for any allergic reactions. Discontinue use if any irritation occurs.

Last edited:
Here's a recipe for a new spray:

Ingredients:
- 1 cup Distilled water: Acts as the base for the spray.
- 2 tablespoons Aloe vera gel: Helps moisturize and condition the coat.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil: Adds shine and smoothness to the hair.
- 1 teaspoon Glycerin: Enhances moisture retention in the coat.
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil: Provides a pleasant fragrance and has calming properties.
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil: Stimulates hair growth and adds luster to the coat.
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil: Refreshes the coat and helps repel insects.

Instructions:
1. In a spray bottle, combine the distilled water and aloe vera gel. Shake well to ensure they are thoroughly mixed.
2. Add the coconut oil and glycerin to the mixture. Shake the bottle again to incorporate the ingredients.
3. Carefully add the drops of lavender, rosemary, and peppermint essential oils to the spray bottle.
4. Close the spray bottle tightly and shake vigorously to combine all the ingredients.
5. The spray is now ready to use. Before each use, give the bottle a good shake to ensure all the ingredients are well mixed.

Application:
1. Prior to applying the spray, make sure the animal's coat is clean and dry.
2. Hold the spray bottle a few inches away from the animal's coat and lightly mist it, avoiding the eyes and face.
3. Use a brush or a soft cloth to evenly distribute the spray and enhance shine.
4. Allow the coat to air dry naturally.

Note:
- Perform a patch test before using the spray on the entire coat to check for any potential allergic reactions.
- Avoid using the spray on open wounds or irritated skin.
- If the animal shows any signs of discomfort or adverse reactions, discontinue use immediately.

The "Gloss & Shine Coat Enhancer" spray is designed to provide a lustrous and healthy-looking coat for sheep, pigs, and goats. It enhances the natural shine, moisturizes the hair, and leaves a pleasant fragrance.

awsome! I am working on starting up a bussiness so this is my passion at the moment. anyways here is one:

Ingredients:

Instructions:

Usage:

Benefits:

Certainly! Here's a recipe for a conditioning spray for show cattle:

Ingredients:

Instructions:

Usage:

Benefits:

That is quite the mixture. Ill have to see if I can find all that up here. Is it much of a cheaper mixture with all the ingredients?

It is a little on the expensive side Buying the ingredients but you will have extra to spare for making it again if you pm me I could sell you finished sprays if you want.

I also made this spray that is relatively cheap:

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of coconut oil: Helps moisturize and condition the hair.
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil: Known for its potential hair growth benefits.
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil: Nourishes the hair and scalp.
- Optional: A few drops of essential oil (e.g., lavender, rosemary) for fragrance (optional).

Instructions:
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup of coconut oil until it becomes a liquid.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of castor oil to the melted coconut oil and mix well.
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil and blend until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
4. If desired, add a few drops of essential oil for fragrance and mix again.
5. Transfer the mixture into a clean spray bottle for easy application.

Usage:
- Before applying the spray, ensure the cattle's hair is clean and free from any debris or dirt.
- Shake the spray bottle well before each use to ensure the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Spray a generous amount of the mixture onto the cattle's hair, focusing on the areas where hair growth is desired.
- Gently massage the spray into the hair and the skin for better absorption.
- Repeat the application 2-3 times per week or as desired.

Benefits of this recipe:
- Cost-effective: The ingredients used in this recipe are affordable and easily accessible.
- Natural ingredients: The blend of coconut oil, castor oil, and vitamin E oil provides nourishment and moisture to the hair.
- Potential hair growth benefits: Castor oil is believed to have properties that promote hair growth.

Latest posts