current events

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb said:
Carpenter2n said:
Im beginning to understand why everyone left.

Careful now if you are pointing fingers...should it not be 'I'm'?
Not everyone left, some left but keep coming back.

So Cottage & Carpenter, husband and wife, felt bored and decided to come and stir the pot a little. Be nice you two :p :lol:

Nope, no pot stirring for me! And I don't have time to get bored.
I really don't understand all the hostility around here.
Yes, I also belong to the new forum. I even belong to a couple of forums that are related to our work. Why is that such a cause for lamentation here???

My husband does not belong to the new forum. He likes to keep things simple. He seldom makes a post at all. He had noticed that there is very little activity at all lately so he started a thread about something that, at one time would have generated quite a bit of activity here. But nope, it fell flat. The resident leftist piped up with his agenda, as did the one who thinks he's just the smartest thing going. Well, guess what!? That is why people, who haven't been banned, are going elsewhere for conversation!
So rather than actually trying to keep members engaged and active, GP invites him to leave! Of course I will respond to that!

...Not everyone left, some left but keep coming back.

If they keep coming back, doesn't that mean they never actually left :???: That they see no reason not to participate in more than one place :???:
There is no great conspiracy here! People are just trying to optimize the use of their leisure time, and it seems some at CT have been working dam hard lately to make sure it not here! :tiphat:

:lol:
Great! Now, can we return this thread to the previously scheduled programming of Interesting or entertaining current events?
And maybe with the occasional grammar lesson thrown in :pop:

When I started to school which was many years ago my mother advised me to say yes mam and no mam to my teacher. She did not go to school with me just put me on the bus. I had just boarded the bus when an older boy scooted over to let me set on the seat. As I was sitting down he scooted back and I hit the floor. I got up and socked him in the face and blacked his eye. I did know until later in life and Alvin Lennon told me the story about my visit to the superintendents office on the third day of school . Alvin was in high school and the superintendent sent Alvin to get me. I set in the office saying yes mam and no mam to Homer Hennon who was the superintendent as he was asking about the incident. Alvin said that it was all they could do to keep from cracking up.

Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
CottageFarm said:
I find it sad that you see it that way

You may have the last word Madame.

I often wonder when people point to a circumstance and say "that is sad" if they really mean it is sad or that they disapprove.

Some may have trouble finding the best words to express themselves.
I am not one of them.
Yes, I find it sad that TT sees it that way.
I am not permitted, here, to express what I find of you.

CottageFarm said:
Obviously, nothing has legs around here anymore.
You have thrown out the proverbial baby with the bathwater
How 'bout a little history in phrase etiology instead of a current event?

Back in the day, baths were an annual event and consisted of a big tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women, and finally the children. Last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty you could essentially lose someone in it. Hence the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water!"

Just a little levity ;-)

CottageFarm said:
Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I often wonder when people point to a circumstance and say "that is sad" if they really mean it is sad or that they disapprove.

I am not one of them.

Cottage, this forum has rules of conduct. Those who abide are allowed to participate, those who do not are asked to leave. Sometimes there is a timeout granted but other times it's a permanent banning. If there were no rules chaos would rein and the site would deteriorate into name calling and arguing.

CottageFarm said:
Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I am not one of them.

I will take that as a compliment. Now, you get to figure out what I mean.

Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
CottageFarm said:
I find it sad that you see it that way

Sad. The good times seem to have gone. Warpaint, Crowder, all the rest of the crew no longer post here. People I really enjoyed reading their words. Others just get chilled. Danged if you do and danged if you don't kind of thing. Many others are walking the streets of gold now but you don't believe that sort of thing and I'm okay with it.

Sad. CottageFarm got it right.

backhoeboogie said:
Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Sad. The good times seem to have gone. Warpaint, Crowder, all the rest of the crew no longer post here. People I really enjoyed reading their words. Others just get chilled. Danged if you do and danged if you don't kind of thing. Many others are walking the streets of gold now but you don't believe that sort of thing and I'm okay with it.

Sad. CottageFarm got it right.

Well. That is sad.

Current events? How about the stranger side of the news, for a little levity. We are in the midst of our 'hotter than a goat's butt in a pepper patch' days with afternoon thunderstorms. And I just read that a lightning strike to a septic tank made someone's toilet explode. You should see the picture. I think I might never conduct personal business during a storm again. :shock: :hide:

Latest posts