current events

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie said:
Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
You may have the last word Madame.

I often wonder when people point to a circumstance and say "that is sad" if they really mean it is sad or that they disapprove.

Sad. The good times seem to have gone. Warpaint, Crowder, all the rest of the crew no longer post here. People I really enjoyed reading their words. Others just get chilled. Danged if you do and danged if you don't kind of thing. Many others are walking the streets of gold now but you don't believe that sort of thing and I'm okay with it.

Sad. CottageFarm got it right.

Boogie, you've been here roughly 5 years longer than I have and I don't remember Warpaint, Crowder, Frankie, and some of the other legends who were here in the "good old days". If something or someone ran them off it was before my time.

I do remember Doc Harris but he left us all not too long after I joined.

Nobody in the past ran crowder, flaboy ,paint.and a few others off they just quit posting for one reason ur other..though I like too hear from them again..but Frankie got under everybody's hide.. But she was a good cattle woman....just a little too abrasive.. :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN said:
Frankie got under everybody's hide.. But she was a good cattle woman....just a little too abrasive.. :cowboy:
She got under everybody's hide same reason Bright Raven does, because she was smarter than them. How could she not be abrasive with her being bullied and picked on all the time? She out thought and out talked and out posted all comers with flawless logic and got run out of town on a rail for it by a gang of misogynists.

ga.prime said:
ALACOWMAN said:
Frankie got under everybody's hide.. But she was a good cattle woman....just a little too abrasive.. :cowboy:
How could she not be abrasive with her being bullied and picked on all the time? She out thought and out talked and out posted all comers with flawless logic and got run out of town on a rail for it by a gang of misogynists.

Regarding Frankie: Did she stop participating or did she get banned? The supposition that "Users get run off" has never been defined. A User stops participating or they get banned. The reason for no longer participating could be death, lack of continued interest, etc. If a User is ruthlessly mistreated and they have a weak constitution, it could certainly provide a basis for losing the interest to participate but at the end of the day - it is a very lame excuse to allege that one User can run off other Users. If I am wrong, then those who are "run off" have an apparent weakness.

Bright Raven said:
ga.prime said:
ALACOWMAN said:
How could she not be abrasive with her being bullied and picked on all the time? She out thought and out talked and out posted all comers with flawless logic and got run out of town on a rail for it by a gang of misogynists.

Regarding Frankie: Did she stop participating or did she get banned? The supposition that "Users get run off" has never been defined. A User stops participating or they get banned. The reason for no longer participating could be death, lack of continued interest, etc. If a User is ruthlessly mistreated and they have a weak constitution, it could certainly provide a basis for losing the interest to participate but at the end of the day - it is a very lame excuse to allege that one User can run off other Users. If I am wrong, then those who are "run off" have an apparent weakness.
I don't know if she got banned, It was not one user that ran her off, it was a gang of users and their amen choir mindlessly and relentlessly focused on Frankie.

Certainly, a like-minded mob with a mean spirited nature could provide the motive for one's decision to stop participating. I get that. What I don't get is all this whining about other Users running folks off.

What I think they really mean but don't have the substance to admit - is that they don't control the content and it sticks in their craw. Lol

Bright Raven said:
Certainly, a like-minded mob with a mean spirited nature could provide the motive for one's decision to stop participating. I get that. What I don't get is all this whining about other Users running folks off.

What I think they really mean but don't have the substance to admit - is that they don't control the content and it sticks in their craw. Lol

Yes.

Bright Raven said:

Kind of like Claire ? Everyone loved that kid. Except you. She's gone.

backhoeboogie said:
Bright Raven said:

Kind of like Claire ? Everyone loved that kid. Except you. She's gone.

Is that a fact based assertion or merely speculation on your part?

Latest posts