Cummins 1500

Help Support CattleToday:

DiamondSCattleCo

Reaction score
A Dodge press release I thought you guys may be interested in:

Dodge to Offer All-New Cummins Light-duty Clean Diesel

* All-new engine to provide up to 30-percent improvement in fuel economy
* Clean-diesel technology to meet 50-state 2010 emissions standards

Washington, D.C., Jan 23, 2007 - Let the diesel duels begin.

Armed with new Cummins clean-diesel technology, Dodge will introduce an all-new turbodiesel engine in its light duty pickup trucks after 2009. The new engine will provide a dramatic increase in low-end torque, up to a 30-percent improvement in fuel efficiency and a 20-percent reduction in carbon dioxide (C02) emissions when compared to an equivalent gasoline engine.

"Our all-new Cummins engine will offer future Dodge Ram 1500 customers the ultimate in terms of fuel economy, refinement, reliability and durability," said Tom LaSorda, Chrysler Group President and CEO. "It's another example of the Chrysler Group bringing new, clean, quiet diesel technology to the marketplace."

The new clean diesel engine will meet 50-state emissions standards for 2010. In March of this year, Dodge will offer a 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel in its Ram Heavy Duty trucks. The new engine meets 2010 standards in all 50 states.

"We are pleased to build upon our 18-year partnership and brand franchise with the Chrysler Group by providing our new light-duty diesel-powered engine for use in the Dodge Ram 1500," said Tim Solso, Cummins Chairman and CEO. "We know customers for this product will demand high performance. We also know that we need to be extremely good at fuel efficiency and emissions control in order to succeed in this market. Cummins will use its technology leadership to meet all of those
criteria, while providing the driving public with an exciting new diesel engine alternative for the popular Dodge Ram series."

Ford will be offering a diesel in there half ton trucks in the near future. Cant wait.

Thanks Jack, 'ppreciate the info.

As a side note, I think this will dispell most of the rumors kicking around that Chrysler intends to dump Cummins as its engine supplier, in favor of switching to an in-house brand.

Rod

It doesn't sound like dodges will have near the power as the hemis have in them now thought, I just don't see how they can with all that fuel efficient stuff put in there, what do you'll think. Thanks Kaneranch

kaneranch":cl8o2f5z said:
It doesn't sound like dodges will have near the power as the hemis have in them now thought, I just don't see how they can with all that fuel efficient stuff put in there, what do you'll think. Thanks Kaneranch

To be honest, I'm not sure what we'll see in the 1500s. I have my suspicions its going to be a 4 cylinder, probably in the 200HP/350 lb ft range. Not a Hemi competitor, but still a good towing platform and plenty fuel efficient.

Rod

Latest posts