Crowder - you missed out!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":70gyvkxp said:
certherfbeef":70gyvkxp said:
No one had told me what gumbo is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you take beef stew and substitute shrimp, crawfish, crabs, and/or lobster, plus add any vegetables you like besides the customary potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, etc.,

Why would someone ruin a perfectally good BEEF stew????

Thanks for the definations gang.

certherfbeef":2rvscdlb said:
msscamp":2rvscdlb said:
certherfbeef":2rvscdlb said:

If you take beef stew and substitute shrimp, crawfish, crabs, and/or lobster, plus add any vegetables you like besides the customary potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, etc.,

Because it provides a wider base of dining experience and gumbo is pretty darned good!

msscamp":27imkkb0 said:
certherfbeef":27imkkb0 said:
msscamp":27imkkb0 said:
certherfbeef":27imkkb0 said:

Because it provides a wider base of dining experience and gumbo is pretty darned good!

I would agree with you there...deeeelicious! my friend from St Lousia makes it for me.

Cert,

Gumbo is more like a thick soup with ,most of the time, seafood thrown in. Sometimes people make chicken gumbo, or sausage, anything and everything. They key is the roux. You gotta know to make a good roux to get things started.

O.k., I'm definitley no Paul Prudhomme, but aplusmnt asked me for a recipe for etoufee, here it is.

For crawfish or shrimp

Using a large skillet:
Melt 1/2 cup of butter (or margarine) over low heat. Add 1 cup of finely chopped onions. (Don't go adding those sweet Vidalia's, regular onions are the best) Cook the onions until they are clear, but not crisp. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add 1 lb. of crawfish tails or shrimp and 1/2 cup chopped green onion tops (green onion tops optional) and simmer over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionaly. In a seperate small bowl mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 1/2 cup of water. Pour the cornstarch mix into the skillet. This will thicken the mixture somewhat and give it a nice yellow color. Simmer for 15 minutes covered, stirring occasionaly (stirring occasionaly means opening up the skillet to let everyone smell what you got coming :) ) Remove from heat, sprinkle with parsley if you like, and let sit for a few miuntes. Sauce will thicken more after sitting. Then take you a bunch out, put over some steaming hot rice, and your ready to eat!!!

Man, I'm hungry and it's 6:24 a.m.

certherfbeef":1zlmazy5 said:
Your choice of beverage...right on the mark.
And I don't talk funny like you!!! :D
I thought your favorite choice of beverage was Shiner Bock. ;-)

cypressfarms":27imnjgq said:
Hey Crowder,

I had one of your 'ol buddies from Tennessee over today and we did some good eating. Thought you might want to see some of the pics. The menu included crawfish, gumbo, and gator. Sorry, couldn't post the pics of the women involved.

eatingood.jpg

eatingood2.jpg

You know there is one person missing by the way MEEE! I wanted some too. I always miss out on the fun, I never get to go anywhere, that doesn't involve feeding one end to shovel manure out of the other come on guys save me some next time. :cry:

cypressfarms":2iw3m1rt said:
But he took a whole bag of crawfish back with him, and said that they were for his woman back at the apartment???

Okay, cypress, you took up for her on the other thread, now you're throwin me in the fire. What's up with that? :lol:

warpaint":1ssei32f said:
cypressfarms":1ssei32f said:
But he took a whole bag of crawfish back with him, and said that they were for his woman back at the apartment???

Okay, cypress, you took up for her on the other thread, now you're throwin me in the fire. What's up with that? :lol:

Yeah, but as soon as I posted that quote above, I pm'd her and told her what a nice guy you were, so she would know I was just joking. NO CRUDE COMMENTS CROWDER

You boys sure that was'nt one of them "funny" GitTogethers? After all there were no WOMEN in those pics. Looks mighty suspect to me.Brokeback Crawdad Gang. :shock:

Crowderfarms":ztrzynu6 said:
You boys sure that was'nt one of them "funny" GitTogethers? After all there were no WOMEN in those pics. Looks mighty suspect to me.Brokeback Crawdad Gang. :shock:

Weren't no such thang. Cypess' wife was takin care of the younguns, while we was feedin. :lol:

The only backs that might have been broken was the cow that my new bull mounted while WPaint and I were checking them out. My wife and kids were all there. As a matter of fact, good 'ol warpaint even spent some time with my 8 year old teaching her some Cherokee words, while we laughed at the fact that you weren't there getting to eat some good food. Hey WPaint, I think he's just jealous. All this talk he's doing about chitlins, and we're eating Louisiana's finest.

cypressfarms":2rbqlzr2 said:
The only backs that might have been broken was the cow that my new bull mounted while WPaint and I were checking them out. My wife and kids were all there. As a matter of fact, good 'ol warpaint even spent some time with my 8 year old teaching her some Cherokee words, while we laughed at the fact that you weren't there getting to eat some good food. Hey WPaint, I think he's just jealous. All this talk he's doing about chitlins, and we're eating Louisiana's finest.
That was a fabulous protest. Guess Flaboy and MikeC were there too? You do know what the "C" as in Mike C Stands for dont you? It's Cabana Boy.

Crowderfarms":1u18kgyt said:
cypressfarms":1u18kgyt said:
That was a fabulous protest. Guess Flaboy and MikeC were there too? You do know what the "C" as in Mike C Stands for dont you? It's Cabana Boy.

I got your "Cabana" in my hands boy! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts