Cross Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus x Hereford

Trying Angus x Blonde d`Aquitaine. 2007 calves will arrive in mid Feb.

blk mule

blk mule, I am really thinking about the Blond X Angus as well. I think I am going to give Green Hill Farms a call in kansas. They have some Blond bulls for sale that would work well on a group of 25 of my commerical black angus cows.

I am looking at culling right now and it looks like I have a few that must go. I need to get Christmas presents for family members yet, so I guess these cull cows will pay the bills for next month and also pay for Christmas gifts.

blk mule, I am really thinking about the Blond X Angus as well. I think I am going to give Green Hill Farms a call in kansas. They have some Blond bulls for sale that would work well on a group of 25 of my commerical black angus cows.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but, If you sold your whole herd a short time ago, started fresh with new high quality stock, How could you have very many culls already?

Second, if your selling "culls" to pay the bills and Christmas, where's the money for the Blond bull coming from?

Everything I spend is hard earned money, your casual approach to the business reminds me of someone playing Monopoly.

Sorry to hijack this thread for a moment, let's get back to serious cattle business instead of the make believe.

Who really cares where he makes his money, and what he does with it? So he stumbled across it and wants to get into cattle.. Some of these statements about Hill seem to be jealousy driven more than anything else. There are alot of worse things he could be spending it on...

Once again I say go for it...

Who really cares where he makes his money, and what he does with it? So he stumbled across it and wants to get into cattle.. Some of these statements about Hill seem to be jealousy driven more than anything else. There are alot of worse things he could be spending it on...

I'll never be jealous of fantasy herds and monopoly money.

What I do respect greatly is honesty.

It's all I have to say on this subject. Have a great day.

bgm":36w7bgra said:
I am looking at culling right now and it looks like I have a few that must go. I need to get Christmas presents for family members yet, so I guess these cull cows will pay the bills for next month and also pay for Christmas gifts.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but, If you sold your whole herd a short time ago, started fresh with new high quality stock, How could you have very many culls already?

Second, if your selling "culls" to pay the bills and Christmas, where's the money for the Blond bull coming from?

Everything I spend is hard earned money, your casual approach to the business reminds me of someone playing Monopoly.

Sorry to hijack this thread for a moment, let's get back to serious cattle business instead of the make believe.
BGM, I dispersed the Registered Hereford Seedstock. I didn't cash in on the commerical cattle. BGM I made a statement on one of these threads and stated that I was going to be straight forward with everyone about everything and not hide, tell stories, or put down other beef breeds. Now, when I stated that I was going to cull out some cows to pay for some bills and to pay for Christmas presents, that was jus tme kidding around. Some cows are old enough to draw Social Security. I think that a few of these cull cows are over 10 years old. So, I still have cattle, just not Registered ones anymore.

KANSAS":y1svfuk1 said:

Thanks Kansas!

You would be surprised at how much of that ear is knocked off with that type of cross. They do not get hurt at all at the sale barn. The meat is good with just the right marbling, the ribeyes are nice size.

blk angus x hereford. Almost forgot OLD SAYING (around here) you might outgrow them but, you won`t out sell them. : :

bufordall":35ngyrod said:
You would be surprised at how much of that ear is knocked off with that type of cross. They do not get hurt at all at the sale barn. The meat is good with just the right marbling, the ribeyes are nice size.
Well, I guess you are probably right since you do breed all these breeds. The Brahman line or influence doesn't do well in my part of the woods.

Char x Brangus (Angus x Brahama) heifers x Nelore bull

Pros:
-Low birth weight (nelore dominate)
-Excellent growth rate (nelore dominate)
-Easy calving
-Thick dressed
-Feed efficient (nelore dominate)
- Lean marble
- Market grade

Latest posts