Cross Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Kansas, like I have told you through email, I like the LimousinXAngus cross. I also like the SimmentalXAngus calves and the CharXAngus "smokies." I think that the calves are tremendously thick and dress out well on the rail.

Gelbvieh X Angus, Simmental X Angus because they add thickness and muscle to the Angus and as replacements give plenty of milk to raise a heavy calf. I also like Santa Gertrudis X Angus mother cows as long as they are bred to a bull that doesn't have too much ear as the calves will be discounted in my area.

la4angus":7q5ekrsa said:
Angus X Hereford

I tried to talk my dad into that several years ago with nothing doing.

Now this year he wants to buy some black baldy heifers.

Well I like PiedmonteseX Longhorn cows crossed with a angusX Holstien bull I bottle raised. My calves are good foragers, heavy muscled, milk well and since their black, They bring top dollar at the auction barn.

I really like some Brahman/Limousin cross heifers that I have retained. They seem to grow well and are muscled well. I really like the F-1 Brafords but Since we sold all the Herefords because of age I can't raise anymore.

Hill Creek Farm":1qoy2z2y said:
cfpinz, the Gelbiveh breed is a very thick European breed. I like the looks of the progeny. Cows milk well and always raise a nice calf.
Matt, wouldn't you think that a cowman that says that a certain breed is growing on him would know what the cows look like and how they milk and raise a calf.
Now finish your bottle and go back to bed. It's sleepy time for you.

la4angus":10m07ywk said:
Hill Creek Farm":10m07ywk said:
cfpinz, the Gelbiveh breed is a very thick European breed. I like the looks of the progeny. Cows milk well and always raise a nice calf.
Matt, wouldn't you think that a cowman that says that a certain breed is growing on him would know what the cows look like and how they milk and raise a calf.
Now finish your bottle and go back to bed. It's sleepy time for you.
La4Angus, I am heading there very soon. Iam finishing up some paperwork on some cattle that I am looking at selling. I am looking at culling right now and it looks like I have a few that must go. I need to get Christmas presents for family members yet, so I guess these cull cows will pay the bills for next month and also pay for Christmas gifts. I hope that they bring well, but the market in my neck of the woods hasn't been very good lately. Prices are down and I figure they won't go back up till next Spring. Goodnight and will chat with you today sometime.

The calves would be very thick with the SimmyXLimos. I am more interested in crossing EuropeanXBritish. I am not putting your cross down at all. In Sweden, are the Simmental bulls Red and white? Are the Limos all red? Do you all have Black Simmental and Limos Cattle?

Simmental X Angus = according to MARC research British X Continentals are the best crosses, and Angus rates #1 for most traits in the British breeds, and Simmental rates #1 in the Continental breeds. Natural mating = heavy muscled, good milking, great carcasses.

Latest posts