Critique this horse

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
h2.png

h3.png

4 year old,apaloosa/Quarterhorse.14.2hh 900 Lbs..............good luck

That's a good looking horse, but since you asked.... As a quarter horse fan, I would like him to have more hip and thicker legs. The legs look a little fine to me. But hey, what the heck do I know?

I appreciate your comments Skyline,IM thinking he is kinda slim legged too,but he is only 4,maybe he will bulk out some ?
good luck

skyline":1jvpyvf2 said:
Haymaker, what are your plans for him? Where is he in his training at this point?

This little horse is really green broke,I was riding him today and was impressed with the way he can stretch out,this lil guy can really fly,IM thimnking about taking him on and introducing him to ranch chores,but he is a little small..................good luck

I agree lacking in the hip and gaskins, it makes his neck look out of proportion. Other than that looks like a very well taken care of horse.

Alan

First, I like his head. Second at 14.2 he should make a good ranch/cowhorse.

Now for the bad but not really so bad. His neck is too short for his back. I has thin legs and at 4 I suspect they will not grow much more. At 14.2 and 900 pounds he in my opinion is a little light. Not due to nourishment but just a slighter build than I prefer.

Very nice little horse- I'd like to see better set up photos.. As to size,it depends on how heavy the rider is...short horses for short people,I say..:)

Its gonna be interesting to see if this little horse can take to ranch chores,liked most of what i saw,so i bought him,can always trade if he dont measure up,I still think horses grow till they are about 6,this little guy is barely 4,hoping he will fill out some................good luck

Latest posts