Crazy cow

Help Support CattleToday:

I wouldnt be so quick to move her not having more information than that.hell they all break out with ignorant once in a while that's part of having them. :hat:

I had a red limi that would fly over the fence if you stared at her too long. No way I was going to chase her cross country again, so I carried a 30.06 when we loaded her for a trip to the locker plant. That red limi was a little tough but I enjoyed every bite!

I would sell your crazy cow to your father in law to practice either his herding or bar-b-que skills.

dun":1suv3fer said:
cypressfarms":1suv3fer said:
You'll probably get docked hard for your father in law, but the cow calf pair may do well.

Maybe if he's castrated he won;t get docked as bad

dun
Maybe you should dehorn the little :devil2: devin while you're at it. ;-)

flaboy+":35d0w2t7 said:
Summer before last I had an Angus cow staggering and bouncing/running into fences. I thought she had gone blind so I had to get close to her to see her eyes. They looked ok. She fell down and started having what looked like convulsions for a minute or so. She then got up and ran head-on into a tree.

Just curious, how old is this cow?

We have 3 or 4 old cows, (for sentimental reasons, they still have a calf every 10 to 12 months, they were born here, will die here, never been off the place), one of them that we call grandma was doing this very same thing about a month ago. We guesstamate her age at at least 20. The vet said that she thought it was Bovine Lymphosarcoma, I think that's what she said, it's and old age disease. It will just continue to get worse. Since then she's had one more attack. But after a little while she's fine again. So when she gets where she has the attacks more frequently, we will put her down.

Anybody else ever have this?

Ok. Now the rest of you that say she needs to grow wheels, well like I said she's here for sentimental reasons, they were the last few cattle that my dad owned. You can all say all you want, but, they are staying. :)

mom

Just knowing she can clear that many fences for no apparent reason should be reason enough to ship her. Why spend time trying to determine the reason?

TheBullLady":2lgwudk0 said:
Just knowing she can clear that many fences for no apparent reason should be reason enough to ship her. Why spend time trying to determine the reason?

Curiousity, I know it killed the cat, but I just wondered if anyone else had one take off like that.

He is getting rid of her, never any doubt about that.

Now, that she knows she can jump any fence she comes to, He could never keep her in.

Dan

Dan - I have a cow whose name is "crazy". I can feed her cubes out of my hand in the pasture but if I try to confine her or get her in the pens she will jump anything and everything. I've seen her jump strait over a 5ft fence and completely clear the top with room to spare. She's never jumped out of our pasture though. I've thought many times that if I could just get her in the trailer she would be on a one way ride to town but I can't get her into the pens. I guess some cows are just crazy, like mine and yours. If it bugs you get rid of her, if not, then let her be.

" If it bugs you get rid of her, if not, then let her be."

the best advice youll ever get

danl":33zxdbg3 said:
TheBullLady":33zxdbg3 said:

Curiousity, I know it killed the cat, but I just wondered if anyone else had one take off like that.

He is getting rid of her, never any doubt about that.

Now, that she knows she can jump any fence she comes to, He could never keep her in.

Dan
sounds like he done made up his mind but there aint a cow on my place that cant clear a fence if things get a little too hot for it.

Latest posts