Craigslist prize bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Or sixteen years ago even

Ya know whats crazy. Some folks have great pride in a cow like that. Few months ago I was at a sale when a great big old fat cow came in with an udder like that. Except it was plumb full and near dragging the ground! Big short fat teats. They aged her as broke mouth.

Lil old gal spoke up and said hey! Shes got a calf. Where's her calf?? She honestly expected them to sell as a pair and was disappointed when the slaughter guys bought her. Cow brought good money tho!

I did buy the calf. He's a great Lil bull calf. Still on Bessie too. I have every intention of making a herd bull outta him. We will see.

Last edited:
Or sixteen years ago even

Ya know whats crazy. Some folks have great pride in a cow like that. Few months ago I was at a sale when a great big old fat cow came in with an udder like that. Except it was plumb full and near dragging the ground! Big short fat teats. They aged her as broke mouth.

Lil old gal spoke up and said hey! Shes got a calf. Where's her calf?? She honestly expected them to sell as a pair and was disappointed when the slaughter guys bought her. Cow brought good money tho!

I did buy the calf. He's a great Lil bull calf. Still on Bessie too. I have every intention of making a herd bull outta him. We will see.
Ya know... some people look at the cow that produces a bull calf and based on that alone they will steer the calf. I mean... you do realize that the calf carries genetics from its mother... right? Good... and bad.

Last edited:
I got a swing bag somewhat similar to that one, but her condition is way better, and she is black. I could have bought three year old bred cow for $700 today; would have sold for more it it had not been white with horns.

Ya know... some people look at the cow that produces a bull calf and based on that alone they will steer the calf. I mean... you do realize that the calf carries genetics from its mother... right? Good... and bad.
Indeed!
I sure won't be keeping any heifers outta him if I do keep him. I'd sure like to have big framed calves like his mama was tho. Just to sell...

The other part of that is, I don't know anything about his sire! That won't hold me back tho.

There was a 2050 pound cow go thru the sale barn today. I had to take a double take just to make sure she was a cow. She was open so I didn't pay attention to what she sold for.

WOW this poor old gal has had a terrible turn in life, she has been mistreated and not feed much or had proper care. Who ever owns her is a piss poor cowman indeed. Its sad to see you all make fun of her.

WOW this poor old gal has had a terrible turn in life, she has been mistreated and not feed much or had proper care. Who ever owns her is a piss poor cowman indeed. Its sad to see you all make fun of her.
I never met a cow with such a big ego that they took offense to a little humor at their expense. One of the reasons I like cows better than over-sensitive people.

YOU know what!!! Thats why I like cows better than people especially ones like you. Talk about sensitive. BLA BLA BLA You have no idea!
No location on your profile deb , where you at and how many cows do you own ? My statement was not making fun of the cow but the owner for trying to pass her off as a 6 yr old . Ole gal probably has raised some good babies but she's double digits in age .

YOU know what!!! Thats why I like cows better than people especially ones like you. Talk about sensitive. BLA BLA BLA You have no idea!

No one is making fun of a cow! A cow doesn't understand English...or any other language, for that matter. Nor can it read. And if it could, wouldn't matter, cows don't get their feelings hurt. They were making derogatory comments about her owner., Grow up.

No one is making fun of a cow! A cow doesn't understand English...or any other language, for that matter. Nor can it read. And if it could, wouldn't matter, cows don't get their feelings hurt. They were making derogatory comments about her owner., Grow up.
Amen brother , Preach it !