Cowboy Way

Help Support CattleToday:

[q
uote="TexasBred"]
Rafter S":1vwlim8s said:
Me too . Last time I rode a 10 year old little girl was riding the horse first so I figured it pretty safe. :cboy:

I don't know about that. I've seen some 10-year old girls that could ride better than most adults.
My brother in law wanted to buy him a riding mule....found one and the guy told him it was "Kid gentle". Don't know exactly what happened but David said about the time he got a good seat in the saddle that mule broke in to......up and down , round and round and he said he literally could not get loose from it. Eventually he did...after getting up off the ground, he got to checking and that mule had bucked everything he had in his overall bib out. It was scattered all over the yard. Needless to say the deal fell through.

I've got a real cowboy story for you
I got on this pretty little spotted mare awhile back
I called her sugar
Built like a brick shyt house she was
I climbed on her and she rode off good.
Then I kicked her in a lope and she ducked her head and went to pitching
I was making a fair ride and showing off a bit and fanning her with my hat. Then I blew a stirrup
I went spurring and raking and trying to get her head up
This went on for awhile and it looked like she was about to win out
About the time I was looking for landing spot that Walmart manager unplugged the machine and I just stepped off like a cowboy should

Never rope your own horse & don't squat on your spurs.

Cowboy is in the heart not the hat!

Off your butt, and on your feet. Out the shade, and in the heat.

My dads a pretty good cowboy, he says that after every break. Used to hate to hear it. I like it now.

Bigfoot":wfoyt0wq said:
Off your butt, and on your feet. Out the shade, and in the heat.

My dads a pretty good cowboy, he says that after every break. Used to hate to hear it. I like it now.

My eldest sister has been saying that for over 30 years. I'm pretty sick of hearing it myself.

Dad had a lot of them. A whole lot of them. Most ain't fit for a public forum. Even if I cleaned them up.

Hard work ain't easy – but most people don't know that.

I am no longer young enough to know everything.

"get up off yore azz and do something even if its wrong"

cross_7":2vvxboxz said:
I've got a real cowboy story for you
I got on this pretty little spotted mare awhile back
I called her sugar
Built like a brick shyt house she was
I climbed on her and she rode off good.
Then I kicked her in a lope and she ducked her head and went to pitching
I was making a fair ride and showing off a bit and fanning her with my hat. Then I blew a stirrup
I went spurring and raking and trying to get her head up
This went on for awhile and it looked like she was about to win out
About the time I was looking for landing spot that Walmart manager unplugged the machine and I just stepped off like a cowboy should

Did you yank off that big hat and throw it out across the parking lot?? :lol2: :lol2:

A old cowboy neighbor when I was growing up had a couple I can only partially remember now.
-"I think I enjoyed my fellow man more when I saw a little less of him"
"Never be cheap or small"
I have always tried to live up to these. And nothing makes me much happier than being horse back and taking care of cattle. I thank the good Lord for blessing me so. Mel

Latest posts