Cowboy Way

Help Support CattleToday:

"If I can't do it on a horse I ain't doing it."

I have known many of that type in my life. A couple were so bad they didn't even want to get off to open a gate.

1011.JPG
1012.JPG

8081.JPG
8138.JPG

HDRider":3of89679 said:
Anyone here got a short pithy saying about a Cowboys' way about looking at life?
None around here...I was never a cowboy but at least I recognized it and stayed off the horse. :lol2:

TexasBred":33zt46se said:
HDRider":33zt46se said:
Anyone here got a short pithy saying about a Cowboys' way about looking at life?
None around here...I was never a cowboy but at least I recognized it and stayed off the horse. :lol2:

I just put dried horse turds in my pockets. It gave me the aroma of a cowboy. No one questioned me. Its a Brian Williams trick. He knows lots of 'em

backhoeboogie":m8xyzayo said:
TexasBred":m8xyzayo said:
HDRider":m8xyzayo said:

I just put dried horse turds in my pockets. It gave me the aroma of a cowboy. No one questioned me. Its a Brian Williams trick. He knows lots of 'em
Brian Williams is the opposite of cowboy... Would that be Bull Girl?

Well one my Great Grandpa used to say.
He came to Texas after the war(civil) from St. Mary's Parrish La.
Said I rode to Texas to marry a girl that wasn't kin and stayed.

I know a few guys who have gotten in deep shyt for using the phrase "it'll make a turd" in reference to their own dinner instead of using it in it's proper application which references poor quality livestock feed.

I've always liked this one and it was on my son's cowboy themed room when he was younger. "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway".

J&D Cattle":2n4cv7xz said:
I've always liked this one and it was on my son's cowboy themed room when he was younger. "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway".
If your son did it that would be courage. If I did it that would be stupidity !!!!! :nod: :nod:

TexasBred":3w0onqay said:
J&D Cattle":3w0onqay said:
If your son did it that would be courage. If I did it that would be stupidity !!!!! :nod: :nod:

Me too TB. Last time I rode a 10 year old little girl was riding the horse first so I figured it pretty safe. :cboy:

J&D Cattle":3o9zkhmw said:
TexasBred":3o9zkhmw said:
J&D Cattle":3o9zkhmw said:

Me too TB. Last time I rode a 10 year old little girl was riding the horse first so I figured it pretty safe. :cboy:

I don't know about that. I've seen some 10-year old girls that could ride better than most adults.

Rafter S":2051s4f3 said:

I don't know about that. I've seen some 10-year old girls that could ride better than most adults.[/quote]

My brother in law wanted to buy him a riding mule....found one and the guy told him it was "Kid gentle". Don't know exactly what happened but David said about the time he got a good seat in the saddle that mule broke in to......up and down , round and round and he said he literally could not get loose from it. Eventually he did...after getting up off the ground, he got to checking and that mule had bucked everything he had in his overall bib out. It was scattered all over the yard. Needless to say the deal fell through.

Latest posts