cow with eye issue.....added picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Mahoney Farms

Reaction score
I was out with my face in the cows face and noticed that she has little white spots surrounding her eye ball, not on the irisor eye ball, the outside area. I looked at the other cows and didn't notice the same spots. Now she is the old girl....12 years old. Is this normal/okay? What does the onset of pink eye and eye cancer usually look like....What are the signs...running eyes...itchy...thanks for the help. JMD :cboy:

mamaseye2.jpg
[/img]

IBR can b simular o pink eye, runny nose with cloudy eyes and runny eyes. Eye will usually start running and then turn cloudy.

well its not pink eye.an her eye isnt runing.wich can cause pink eye.so im leaning towards the early stage of cancer eye.but not really sure.but id watch her real close.but if she was mine at 12 id shipp her.so you wouldnt be docked to bad on the eye.scott

a picture might be helpful. so far i think you are worrying about nothing.

It sounds like the first stage of cancer eye. Hard to tell without a picture. If she is bred you could go ahead and get the calf out of her. If she ain't bred back I would be thinking of culling her if it don't clear up soon. Cancer Eye gets ugly in the later stages.

It looks to me like the inner eye lid is just multi colored or motled as opposed to dark. Just a genetic difference, nothing to worry about.

If the coloring isn't raised or destroying the surrounding tissue or appears to be growing I wouldn't worry about it...from the picture it looks like pigment. Keep the pic for reference and take pics every so often and compare it with the origional. DMc

Latest posts