cow with bloody discharge?

Help Support CattleToday:

slyfarmgirl

Reaction score
I have a cow that calved a week ago. It was an easy birth and a nice sized bull calf (not big). But she has had a bloody discharge for a week . What do you think it could be?

If it's bright fresh blood there may be a problem, but if it isn;t, it's as was said, normal cleaning process

I wasn't sure since I haven't seen the other cows do this, or noticed it before. It isn't bright red so I guess she must still be cleaning. Just a little paniced. We have had some awful wet and windy weather - have one calf scoured and now one with pneumonia. I guess I am over thinking things. Everything was going perfectly before the storm and rain. I guess it just wouldn't be right to have a calving season that was perfect. Gotta keep us on our toes!

Vet said not to worry so much! The calf that was scouring has now been sent out to the bigger pasture, he has picked up and is to be pooping in solid form! Hopefully the warmer temps that the weather man promised are true. Just hoping that now the calf with pneumonia can pull through.

Latest posts