Cow with badly swollen legs ?

Help Support CattleToday:

This is a 5 yr old cow I raised. Last year she was cripple on her front foot. Foot was swollen and got better after LA300 shot, stopped her limping. This winter I noticed 3 of her legs were swelling and she started limping. I had a vet examine her, and didn't really find anything, checked her hooves, no fever. Puzzled him that 1 front leg was not swollen. Gave her an anti-inflamatory shot, LA300, wormed, Multi-min. I got shot from vet and doctored her a couple weeks later. Not getting better and I think she's about gone. Any ideas from you guys? She has raised 2 calves, but has always been somewhat unthrifty since I got her back from a 5 month heifer development program.
There is a silver lining here! You can stop spending money and time on medicine and get her system "clean" and then slaughter her for your own consumption.
I'm assuming she can't walk enough to sell at stockyards or even a slaughter house? I eat all my cows that get down.
They are primarily grass fed and their hamburger taste better than the crap at the grocery stores!

There is a silver lining here! You can stop spending money and time on medicine and get her system "clean" and then slaughter her for your own consumption.
I'm assuming she can't walk enough to sell at stockyards or even a slaughter house? I eat all my cows that get down.
They are primarily grass fed and their hamburger taste better than the crap at the grocery stores!
She would not make it through the sale barn at this point. If she recovers enough to go I will haul her.

Latest posts