Cow thieves of all kinds.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Texan

Reaction score
Be careful who you do business with.......

FORT WORTH — Inspectors with Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association have uncovered evidence in a $4 million cattle fraud involving producers in four states.

Monte J. Sharp, 45, of Hopeton, Okla., has been arrested on a Fugitive from Justice Warrant from Williamson County, Texas, where he has been charged with felony theft of 1061 head of cattle from Capitol Land and Cattle Co. in Schwertner, Texas.

The cattle, valued at nearly $700,000, were placed with Sharp for preconditioning at his lot near Alva, Okla.

Sharp is charged with illegally financing the cattle through Brookover Feed Yards in Garden City, Kan. He received a loan for 75 percent of their market value, secured by the future sale after they had been finished to market weight.

"Basically, he was financing cattle that didn't belong to him," explained TSCRA inspector Chad Barfknecht.

Sharp did this repeatedly, with victims as far away as North Carolina. "We have information that he has placed over 20,000 head of cattle in feedlots in Kansas and Oklahoma," Barfknecht added.

Owners of Forester Cattle Co. in Larue, Texas, claim Sharp sold 98 of their cattle, valued at $60,000. In Kentucky, he is charged with illegally financing 88 heifers worth about $59,000.

"We'll probably continue to discover new victims for several months," said TSCRA inspector Ben Eggleston. "Fact is, we still don't know how big this thing will end up being."

Read about more sorry-ass cow thieves......

http://www.texascattleraisers.org/theft ... Report.asp

Went thru something similar here in Ohio few years back. Good old fashioned rustleing only done by cattle buyers thru the sale barn. Put Producers Livestock in bankruptcy over the deal.

Do these people really think no one will notice? Why steal a few head when you can steal 1000 I guess. The people that these clowns steal from should be allowed to beat them with sticks. Even more so because it's not likely the restitution will ever be paid. There's a guy I know of that pulled a similar stunt for about $450,000 a few years back, he spent a year or so at Club Fed, now he walks around like nothing ever happened.
The really sad part is a lot of the local citizens act like it never happened too.

Chuck":3i22a9bi said:
Do these people really think no one will notice? Why steal a few head when you can steal 1000 I guess. The people that these clowns steal from should be allowed to beat them with sticks. Even more so because it's not likely the restitution will ever be paid. There's a guy I know of that pulled a similar stunt for about $450,000 a few years back, he spent a year or so at Club Fed, now he walks around like nothing ever happened.
The really sad part is a lot of the local citizens act like it never happened too.

That's classic thief behavior. He started small - testing the waters. When he figured out the loopholes in the system, he went big time.

Texan":117hh6ul said:
Be careful who you do business with.......

FORT WORTH — Inspectors with Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association have uncovered evidence in a $4 million cattle fraud involving producers in four states.

Monte J. Sharp, 45, of Hopeton, Okla., has been arrested on a Fugitive from Justice Warrant from Williamson County, Texas, where he has been charged with felony theft of 1061 head of cattle from Capitol Land and Cattle Co. in Schwertner, Texas.

The cattle, valued at nearly $700,000, were placed with Sharp for preconditioning at his lot near Alva, Okla.

Sharp is charged with illegally financing the cattle through Brookover Feed Yards in Garden City, Kan. He received a loan for 75 percent of their market value, secured by the future sale after they had been finished to market weight.

"Basically, he was financing cattle that didn't belong to him," explained TSCRA inspector Chad Barfknecht.

Sharp did this repeatedly, with victims as far away as North Carolina. "We have information that he has placed over 20,000 head of cattle in feedlots in Kansas and Oklahoma," Barfknecht added.

Owners of Forester Cattle Co. in Larue, Texas, claim Sharp sold 98 of their cattle, valued at $60,000. In Kentucky, he is charged with illegally financing 88 heifers worth about $59,000.

"We'll probably continue to discover new victims for several months," said TSCRA inspector Ben Eggleston. "Fact is, we still don't know how big this thing will end up being."

Read about more sorry-ass cow thieves......

http://www.texascattleraisers.org/theft ... Report.asp

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! MONTY SHARP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOMMMMMMMGGGGG!!!!!!!!
MONTY SEEMED LIKE THE NICEST GUY IN THE WORLD!!!!!!
I USED TO SEE HIM IN TOWN ALOT!!!!! OMG GUYS!!!! I CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD BE A CROOK!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!! :roll:

I WAS THINKING OF BUYING A BROOD MARE OFF HIM 2 SUMMERS AGO... HOLY COW!! IS HE A HORSE THIEF TOO?? I CAN'T BELIEVE SHARP IS A CROOK!!!! HOLY COW!!! I AM GUNNA HAVE TO MAKE SOME CALLS TODAY BECAUSE I THINK HE WAS SOLD CALVES TO RANCHERS AROUND HERE BUT I AM NOT SURE.. JJJJJEEEZZZZZZ!!!

I AM IN SHOCK HERE......... ITS LIKE I HIT A BRICK WALL :stop: AT 100 MILE N' HOUR!

WOAH! I AM SPEECHLESS!! WOW!

Wilson_Cattle_Company":2mfcbs8t said:
I USED TO SEE HIM IN TOWN ALOT!!!!! OMG GUYS!!!! I CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD BE A CROOK!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!! :roll:

I WAS THINKING OF BUYING A BROOD MARE OFF HIM 2 SUMMERS AGO... HOLY COW!! IS HE A HORSE THIEF TOO?? I CAN'T BELIEVE SHARP IS A CROOK!!!! HOLY COW!!! I AM GUNNA HAVE TO MAKE SOME CALLS TODAY BECAUSE I THINK HE WAS SOLD CALVES TO RANCHERS AROUND HERE BUT I AM NOT SURE.. JJJJJEEEZZZZZZ!!!

I AM IN SHOCK HERE......... ITS LIKE I HIT A BRICK WALL :stop: AT 100 MILE N' HOUR!

Yup - the best crooks have the best charm and charisma.

J&T Farm":4il5gj1s said:
And I thought only city girls said OMG.

No, I had to substitute (sp) OMG for all kinds of bad language boy when I saw his name my mouth just started flyin! Boy I tell u what...... I could have put a sailor to shame the things I was saying But I was shocked... I better not talk about this anymore my mouth is gunna take off again.... :mad: :x I can't belive that crook dirty son of......................... gotta run fellers.... mumbling......................

Dad is gunna sht a brick when I tell him this........... mouth kicks into Overdrive. hehe j/k

Wilson_Cattle_Company":38h24bey said:

If this is speechless I don't think I want to be around when you really get wound up! :lol2: :lol2:

msscamp":dl1ilqr4 said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":dl1ilqr4 said:

If this is speechless I don't think I want to be around when you really get wound up! :lol2: :lol2:

Any one have any GREEN PASTURES.

Scotty

I think they ought to put that fella in a cell with some lonely guys for a month or so.

An eye for an eye sort of.

frenchie":2rtymd7v said:
I think they ought to put that fella in a cell with some lonely guys for a month or so.

An eye for an eye sort of.

I agree he raped (pardon the expression) lord knows how many honest farmers/ranchers needs to GET HIM SOMETHING HE DONT WANT hehe.. ;-) that wil teach him.. i still cant believe it though!

:mad: Hang em from a scrub oak, or a cottonwood tree, or a thorn tree or whatever is handy at the time!!!! :mad:

Latest posts