COW STORIES WANTED FOR TV SPECIAL

Help Support CattleToday:

radpic

Reaction score
Several years ago our company produced a film for PBS called "The Natural History of the Chicken." It was a film that celebrated the chicken and its relationship to people. Now we have been asked to do more.

We are developing a new PBS Special that celebrates cows and the relationships they have with their owners. In particular we are looking for heartfelt stories, funny stories, sad stories, stories of our relationship to cows that give us a better understanding of these unique animals. If you know cows and know them well – please share with us. We are also hoping to meet charismatic and friendly characters who can tell these stories to us. Or perhaps you know of someone you can refer us to?

We would appreciate it if you could share these with us. Drop us an email with your suggestions and contact information - or if you prefer just a time to call you – if that works best for you?

Mark Lewis, Producer
[email protected]

radpic":l3qwq4im said:
Several years ago our company produced a film for PBS called "The Natural History of the Chicken." It was a film that celebrated the chicken and its relationship to people. Now we have been asked to do more.

We are developing a new PBS Special that celebrates cows and the relationships they have with their owners. In particular we are looking for heartfelt stories, funny stories, sad stories, stories of our relationship to cows that give us a better understanding of these unique animals. If you know cows and know them well – please share with us. We are also hoping to meet charismatic and friendly characters who can tell these stories to us. Or perhaps you know of someone you can refer us to?

We would appreciate it if you could share these with us. Drop us an email with your suggestions and contact information - or if you prefer just a time to call you – if that works best for you?

Mark Lewis, Producer
[email protected]

there are lots of characters here!

presmudjo":sc650m44 said:
I think they could make a year long series from CT stories and characters. :banana:
You are right there!! They may have to do lots of travelin though! :lol:

I dressed my cows up in Christmas costumes and made Christmas Cards with them.....Is that crazy enough??

branguscowgirl":342t547z said:
presmudjo":342t547z said:
I think they could make a year long series from CT stories and characters. :banana:

I dressed my cows up in Christmas costumes and made Christmas Cards with them.....Is that crazy enough??

We put reindeer horns on a jersey one year and hooked her up to an old doctors buggy like she was pulling a sleigh. She just stood there and rolled her tongue around like jerseys do. We were worried about her flipping out but instead we just couldn't get a picture without her tongue sticking out. :lol:

cow pollinater":k9gwu32t said:
branguscowgirl":k9gwu32t said:
presmudjo":k9gwu32t said:

We put reindeer horns on a jersey one year and hooked her up to an old doctors buggy like she was pulling a sleigh. She just stood there and rolled her tongue around like jerseys do. We were worried about her flipping out but instead we just couldn't get a picture without her tongue sticking out. :lol:
:lol: :lol: That's funny!
I will have to post my cards one of these days! They actually came out pretty good!

presmudjo":n7a2fp36 said:
Do yours sing in the shower too? Didn't get the Christmas Card. Family must have loved it though.
They don't "sing in the shower", but I did have a Rottweiler that traveled to the fairs with one of my cows. When I would bathe the cow, the dog would stand there and scrub with her teeth, till one day my cow had a bald spot on one side from it! :lol: The cow had her own dog though, they loved each other! They were in the cards together.

Check out the thread "What stunt has your cow pulled"... lots of really good stories there, I know Jogeephus has a really good story.

One of my recent ones is my pet cow 'Mega' was trying to lick the bottom of her neck, but was really only going through the motions, she did this a couple times, definitely showing me something, then she came up to me, did it again and stretched her neck out so I could get a look... She had ONE LOUSE on her neck right where she was showing me.

Oh sure, you will meet LOTS of characters here... but you wanted charismatic.. sure narrows it down! ;)

Anybody rember Mr.Bundy?

Ranchers best be real careful what they say to the Media... Especially the Liberal propaganda machine that PBS is...

:2cents:

Orerancher":yv9quk4g said:
Anybody rember Mr.Bundy?

Ranchers best be real careful what they say to the Media... Especially the Liberal propaganda machine that PBS is...

I assure you Orerancher that you're all quite fine. I'm intend to make this in the vein of "The Natural History of the Chicken", and that one came out well for PBS. No propaganda there.

radpic":105dqegn said:
Orerancher":105dqegn said:
Anybody rember Mr.Bundy?

I assure you Orerancher that you're all quite fine. I'm intend to make this in the vein of "The Natural History of the Chicken", and that one came out well for PBS. No propaganda there.
No comment...

I bought one from a lady that was having hard times she had raised on a bottle named Precious.
Precious would play ball like a dang dog.
Also had a lady that had raised a Jersey on a bottle bring her over to meet Obama.
Ole Rube and I went squirrel hunting that morning first time and only time in my life I had a cow
go squirrel hunting with me. Shotgun didn't bother her a bit followed us on the hunt and back to the house.
I would be going around a tree looking for the squirrel Rube had treed with a Jersey staying with me every step.

Ouachita":1ysfbj8p said:
I'm surprised only one person has stepped up on the stump for inyati :lol:
I am sure that radpic can do a little research through Inyati's posts and see he is an excellent candidate for their program! Nesi would also be a top pick! There are actually several good herdsman/women that would be quite entertaining to watch!
Has anyone heard from radpic??

branguscowgirl":109bfs6b said:
Ouachita":109bfs6b said:
I am sure that radpic can do a little research through Inyati's posts and see he is an excellent candidate for their program! Nesi would also be a top pick! There are actually several good herdsman/women that would be quite entertaining to watch!
You are correct, but I believe you are late to the party to understand the humor in my post. No insult was intended to inyati. All in fun

Ouachita":26vm7ec0 said:
branguscowgirl":26vm7ec0 said:
Ouachita":26vm7ec0 said:
You are correct, but I believe you are late to the party to understand the humor in my post. No insult was intended to inyati. All in fun
Ok, I get it! :D

Latest posts