Cow Problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have a nice looking 10 year old Angus cow that always has a nice calve every year. The problem is she has had Diarrhea since I purchased her (at the auction) and its getting old cleaning up the concrete barn floor. I had a vet out twice who took a sample, found a bacteria, and gave her about 8 boluses (Sulfur I believe). He came back out 10 days later, took a sample, and she was free from that bacteria but still, a year later, she has the runs. She maintains great weight and looks really good which the vet cannot believe. The vet came back out last week and gave her another 8 boluses and nothing has changed. She eats pasture grass and hay, and very little grain if any. The vet said he could take a sample of her rectum skin and run tests for something else but claims she probably has "Chronic Diarrhea" so I may get rid of her. Any thoughts?

[/img]
BerthanBuddy.jpg

The cow has had the chronics shts for over a year. Sell her at the next sale for slaughter only. Don't fall in love with her. There are plenty more as good as her or better that you can buy.

If you bought her at auction, how do you know she has a nice calf every year? Surely you don't believe everything you are told at auctions.

I actually may have some that do the same thing but as I only see them up close twice a year I wouldn't know. All of mine have the squirts when I pen them up. They get nervous.

flaboy,

I bought her 3 years ago and she has had two calves since I have had her, one just a couple months ago.

I was wondering if I was missing something or if anyone else had a similiar problem that they figured out.

Thanks,

Damon K. Rapozo":2utul5kz said:
flaboy,

I bought her 3 years ago and she has had two calves since I have had her, one just a couple months ago.

I was wondering if I was missing something or if anyone else had a similiar problem that they figured out.

Thanks,

Keep her as long as she stays in good shape and has a good calf. At first signs of going down hill I would cull her.

Latest posts