Cow Lounging

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
The cows and 2 replacement heifers are coming up about every evening and lounging in the winter feed area. All are AI bred for September/October calves. The pasture the breds are in goes all the way back to the "back 30". They have a flowing creek back there. The grasses/forbs/clovers are abundant. Just poured them laying here with Ultraboss. Only two even bothered to get up.
2lkdut3.jpg

14402uu.jpg

jayogm.jpg

6hhil0.jpg

j6r8m1.jpg

65tw9k.jpg

11vqypc.jpg

os5tno.jpg

awt760.jpg

6yzfpj.jpg

213isn6.jpg

2vdp35f.jpg

2nsc7j8.jpg

2vw9wn5.jpg

2nvyxdg.jpg

28iorog.jpg

2gsl3cn.jpg

oqix3q.jpg

29fcnjd.jpg

o0v15l.jpg

Goodness! When they're that fat, why do you even worm them? They're getting enough resources to mount their own immune response to anything coming their way!

Putangitangi":3s7aahfm said:
Goodness! When they're that fat, why do you even worm them? They're getting enough resources to mount their own immune response to anything coming their way!

UltraBoss is fly control.

I do still worm them twice a year. This spring I used a great product - Eprinomectin made by Merial. It is a pour on. I highly recommend it.

I beg your pardon. We have a "boss" product here that is a wormer, so I presumed it was similar. But the question remains for the other times: why worm when they're obviously taking good care of themselves?

Putangitangi":m87dmrft said:
I beg your pardon. We have a "boss" product here that is a wormer, so I presumed it was similar. But the question remains for the other times: why worm when they're obviously taking good care of themselves?

Putangitangi

They are my children. I could not sleep at night knowing an evil member of the Phylum Aschelminthes was parasitizing one of my children. ;-)

They look good to me.Fat,slick and gentle,I know they raise big calves,seen pic's before.I like them,you're doing a good job with them.Thanks for posting pic's.

Looks like some of them could use some worms...

LOL they look great.

What are you going to do with those lovely gals when you sell out and head for Denver?

Ron - cattle look super. I only saw a few that I would consider "fat" - like the standing rear butt shot. And a few briskets were pretty full. But, they don't have calves sucking and they are pigging out on awesome pastures. Good job!!!
BTW - my cattle LOVE to come to the barn lot and lay on the dirt. If given the choice, they will pick a dirt spot in the summer instead of on the grass.