COVID 19 facts

Help Support CattleToday:

farmguy

Reaction score
Spanish flu 1918 50 million dead 5.26% of worlds population (950 million) Tragic
Seasonal flu 2018 650,000 dead .009% world population ( 7.5 billion) typical year
Covid 19 2020 488,729 dead & counting .006% world population (7.7 billion) End of the world

There is more to it, we don't understand the virus. They are learning every day. Take chicken pox, just a virus. But it lives in you forever and can kill you from shingles when you get older. What does covid do in the body once we build antibodies. There is some evidence it flares later on but early days. Slowing it is going to help with the whole process of understanding and dealing with it, can it damage dna. Hiv lives in you forever and can kill you down the track. Herpes lives in you forever and causes coldsores when run down the virus flares. They believe some blood types might have a higher risk of severe conditions to covid. All too early to say yes or no to anything. Anyone A+ blood type? You are meant to be the highest risk category.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Watch it farmguy, we have a band of merry-men on this forum who live to attack folks like you.

They do well enough on their own with pseudo science and irrelevant "facts" without being'attacked'.

(odd, how so many supposedly conservative folks that purportedly enshrine the constitution and it's amendments now want to silence so many people)

greybeard said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Watch it farmguy, we have a band of merry-men on this forum who live to attack folks like you.

They do well enough on their own with pseudo science and irrelevant "facts" without being'attacked'.

(odd, how so many supposedly conservative folks that purportedly enshrine the constitution and it's amendments now want to silence so many people)

Glad to see you're still posting.

greybeard said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

It seems there is a good bit of cherry picking with many freedoms etc by both sides of any camp in the US :)

If they wanted people in many places to wear masks, they should have had someone order that it is illegal to cover your face with a mask, they would be out there every day saying no one is taking away their freedom, tyrannical govt etc etc, and some would not only be wearing it in public, some would sleep in it....lol

Maybe they should have done what my state has done, made it a recommendation & strongly recommend if on public transport or other cramped areas.

People choose own facts, which may be facts if you ignore some other facts, such as moves, albeit late, that Trump and other states made to limit the problem there, and facts on how others handled it and the outcomes so far, we also cannot talk about facts regarding numbers when the other facts were after the problem & this Covid one is still very much growing and ongoing.

DCA farm said:
Caustic Burno said:
This says it all and Covid would be over in a week or two.

I pay $1800 a month taxes and I only work 2 weeks out of the month. Sure would be nice to pocket that

Be interesting to know how much is left after the $1800. I had a boss that had more taken out than what he should pay, why because he wanted a check from the government for the amount not owed. Called a tax refund. Only un-disciplined way to save a little over the year.

farmguy said:
Spanish flu 1918 50 million dead 5.26% of worlds population (950 million) Tragic
Seasonal flu 2018 650,000 dead .009% world population ( 7.5 billion) typical year
Covid 19 2020 488,729 dead & counting .006% world population (7.7 billion) End of the world
best post on the facts, and it is the truth, but we have some on here that will argue that it's the trump flue, dont get me wrong, their light only is half bright as best, they will never figure out the truth and push their agenda, and they have their little Gilligan that has post on this thread that never makes any sense at all, but it sure is fun to watch them, their like watching a comedy show, but they believe in it, good luck.

farmguy said:

I noticed that you show covid 19 deaths at 488,729 and counting. The global death rate is 638,169 today.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=corona+death+toll+worldometer&FORM=QSRE1

Wood county shown on the chart is the county here in Texas where I live.
I am not trying to dispute your figures but wanted to show the latest figures. Covid 19 is not through with its killing yet. It has surpassed seasonal flu that kills around 34,000 people that contract it in America. Covid 19 has only been with us since the first of 2020. Flu season for each season comprimises of and is shown as 2018-2019. Flu season for for 2019-2020. Takes the last months of 2019 and goes to about May of 2020.
Below is an article fro Business Insider about flu and covid with information in comparsion.
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-seasonal-flu-in-the-us-death-rates-2020-3

I started to post something last night, anyways....

By mid year our deaths due to flu are about the 160 mark I read, this year, it is 0....yes zero. This is put down too all the measures taken for covid, it has stopped this years flu problem, this should be sufficient evidence that the various measures have an effect on spread of such diseases/viruses.

Not sure why the US has such a high count for flu, but I admit I have not looked closely at our or US numbers for flu.

haase said:
farmguy said:
best post on the facts, and it is the truth, but we have some on here that will argue that it's the trump flue, dont get me wrong, their light only is half bright as best, they will never figure out the truth and push their agenda, and they have their little Gilligan that has post on this thread that never makes any sense at all, but it sure is fun to watch them, their like watching a comedy show, but they believe in it, good luck.

Covid is accelerating, it is not over. That is what the numbers tell me.

I do not think you can say look at the numbers between them, for that reason, and, a lot has been done to stop covid in an very informed (or fake news) world. And it is advancing anyways.

I am not so sure it will be soon either that we can stand back and really compare the outcome, it is not going away at this point in time. Who wants to throw the darts now at the end date ? Or death rate ?

You probably have no flu deaths because they died of the China virus. The numbers are so twisted at this point there is no hope on ever getting the truth. No matter what your stance is each side has got it to where you can't believe any side. As for an end date no need to throw a dart I can tell you it will never end. It is out now and will remain forever. The death rate will decline after some sort of herd immunity is formed but will be there every year just like every other illness.

Go off of what you have seen and experienced yourself first hand. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see as the old saying goes. How many thousands of users here and only one has fessed up to having it. Same number of users and how many personally know someone with it and or died from it. My guess is that number would be low hundreds tops. Me personally I know no one that has it only know of people who have had it. One friend of mines mother included in that, elderly and in poor health at a home, pulled thru and never so much as a fever. Have many ties to the medical field in several layers of care. Are they seeing it absolutely, is it as portrayed on the news not even close. Base what you think on what you know first hand and it will make you change what you think. It is out there and never going away, will it be the demise of society, no not from the infection anyway.

One of our daughters works in billing at a large hospital. She reported this and I checked. You do too.

Medicare is paying a 20% add-on to its regular hospital payments for the treatment of COVID-19 victims. That's a result of a federal stimulus law.

Patients with multible issues and iffy issues are reported as COVID.

What the conspiracy theorists always conveniently neglect to mention is that there is (and has been for years) a CDC/HHS list of infectious diseases that provide extra funding to hospitals when those cases are being treated. Mostly what the recent legislation did was just to add Covid19 to that list the already included influenza, TB, Hepatitus, viral pneumonia, meningitis, Zika, Hanta Virus, West Nile, Rubella, CRE, and rabies, as well as a handful of other communicable illnesses. Prior to Covid, the most recent time the list was updated was in 2018 thru the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2018
But, let's not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. It wouldn't fit some people's narrative..

(and, regarding the latest cute little graphic, the virus doesn't give a crap whether you work or not and dead people don't need money anyway)

cbcr said:
I have seen video's and reports that the influenza, pneumonia and covid-19 are all being counted as covid-19.

No extra money in anything but Covid you get what the government subsidizes. You have to keep the tin foil hat wearers in line as well comrade.

Latest posts