COVID 19 facts

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM said:
Hard to have a "facts" thread on a subject that best I can tell there are no facts about. I would say again think about what you have actually seen first hand of this. My guess is that it is little or none of what you "see" about this.

I personally know two people that have died so far, and one more that was just released from the hospital after several days. Just because it hasn't impacted you personally doesn't mean it's not real, and quite frankly, it's insulting that there are still some people on that horse. I bet you'd sing a different tune if you had to try to explain to that widow how her husband was killed by an imaginary disease.

Buck Randall said:
SmokinM said:
Hard to have a "facts" thread on a subject that best I can tell there are no facts about. I would say again think about what you have actually seen first hand of this. My guess is that it is little or none of what you "see" about this.

I personally know two people that have died so far, and one more that was just released from the hospital after several days. Just because it hasn't impacted you personally doesn't mean it's not real, and quite frankly, it's insulting that there are still some people on that horse. I bet you'd sing a different tune if you had to try to explain to that widow how her husband was killed by an imaginary disease.

Are you at liberty to give us some background Information on the 2 folks you know who have succumbed to the China virus?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
SmokinM said:

Are you at liberty to give us some background Information on the 2 folks you know who have succumbed to the China virus?

How much are you looking for? I won't post obits or names. Both were men, one in his 70s and the other in his early 80s. Not spring chickens, but not sitting around waiting to die, either. Both were still actively involved in farming operations and reasonably spry for their ages. If they had other pre-existing conditions I didn't know about them.

I haven't lost any family or close friends to Covid, but I live in a rural area where everybody knows everybody, and I know of 6 people who have died from it; one was a 47 year old teacher.

Two years ago my 52 year old former science teacher and family friend went in to the dr for what they thought was a cold and it end up being Pneumonia. She passe away in the hospital 3 days later. No prior known illnesses.

I dont think any one believes it is a fake virus. I do believe it is real and has really taken peoples lives too soon which is why it is so disgusting ghat it is being exploited for political propaganda. It's just like how people use a tragic school shooting to push their personal agendas rather than having a real sit down and discussing where the breakdown in society is that makes young kids think that is the way out.

... but hey... never let a crisis go to waste... that's their new slogan right?

Brute 23 said:
Two years ago my 52 year old former science teacher and family friend went in to the dr for what they thought was a cold and it end up being Pneumonia. She passe away in the hospital 3 days later. No prior known illnesses.

I dont think any one believes it is a fake virus. I do believe it is real and has really taken peoples lives too soon which is why it is so disgusting ghat it is being exploited for political propaganda. It's just like how people use a tragic school shooting to push their personal agendas rather than having a real sit down and discussing where the breakdown in society is that makes young kids think that is the way out.

... but hey... never let a crisis go to waste... that's their new slogan right?

Well, SmokinM has given me the impression that he thinks this is all a hoax. If I've misinterpreted his intent, I welcome clarification.

To say that there are political motivations behind this crisis is the height of irony, considering that the motivation for denying it is purely political. It's objectively one of the most significant disasters this country has ever faced.

Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:

How much are you looking for? I won't post obits or names. Both were men, one in his 70s and the other in his early 80s. Not spring chickens, but not sitting around waiting to die, either. Both were still actively involved in farming operations and reasonably spry for their ages. If they had other pre-existing conditions I didn't know about them.

So they were both squarely in the target zone for the China virus then? Not unlike our family friend who was 63 and terribly overweight or my 90 year old uncle for that matter.

I have a business associate who has been in the hospital for the past week fighting the virus. He's in his late 40's and is in great physical condition. Hopefully they are giving him hydroxychloroquine and zinc so he can pull through.

Your ignorance extends to your assumptions there Buck. I do not believe it is all a hoax, a disgrace yes but hoax no. As I posted in a previous post I have several close ties to the medical field in various levels of medicine from general practice on to ER/ICU setting. They are seeing it but in no where near the severity or volume the evening news would have you believe. It is ridiculous the amount of exploitation and manipulation that has come from all sides of this. None of the numbers you see are anywhere close to correct. A stage 4 cancer patient that catches covid19 doesn't die from it they die from a cancer compromised system. A person who is getting there 5th test and pops positive again is not a new case but is counted as such. You back out these cases and you have a much lower level of severity than is represented. People are dying of this the same as they die from a thousand other causes everyday. No politician is going to save them nor is a billion dollar pharmaceutical company. This disease can and should be managed like all others with common sense and good old fashioned hygiene. It like every other thing in our society is nothing but a chyttt show covering the problems that truly face this country and world. Solving those problems leaves nowhere for greed to siphon off money and requires personal responsibility from every citizen and therefore they will never be solved. My guess is most years you can think of 2 people in their 70s and 80s or heck even in their 40s that have passed that you didn't see coming and yet your life has continued on, hopefully even somebody as daft as you gets my point.

Nobody wants to be that one, or close relative of a loved one that dies but someday we all are. I have suffered my losses and will again someday. The only hoax here is what has become of people, common sense, the media, and reality.

A lady near here died this week. Because of her religion she would not go to the Dr or be tested for anything. Her death was reported as Covid so it either was just added to the list because she died or she was tested after she died and against her will. She may have very well have had it but there definitely was no proof.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

So they were both squarely in the target zone for the China virus then? Not unlike our family friend who was 63 and terribly overweight or my 90 year old uncle for that matter.

I have a business associate who has been in the hospital for the past week fighting the virus. He's in his late 40's and is in great physical condition. Hopefully they are giving him hydroxychloroquine and zinc so he can pull through.
They were squarely in the target zone, along with millions of other Americans.

SmokinM said:
Your ignorance extends to your assumptions there Buck. I do not believe it is all a hoax, a disgrace yes but hoax no. As I posted in a previous post I have several close ties to the medical field in various levels of medicine from general practice on to ER/ICU setting. They are seeing it but in no where near the severity or volume the evening news would have you believe. It is ridiculous the amount of exploitation and manipulation that has come from all sides of this. None of the numbers you see are anywhere close to correct. A stage 4 cancer patient that catches covid19 doesn't die from it they die from a cancer compromised system. A person who is getting there 5th test and pops positive again is not a new case but is counted as such. You back out these cases and you have a much lower level of severity than is represented. People are dying of this the same as they die from a thousand other causes everyday. No politician is going to save them nor is a billion dollar pharmaceutical company. This disease can and should be managed like all others with common sense and good old fashioned hygiene. It like every other thing in our society is nothing but a chyttt show covering the problems that truly face this country and world. Solving those problems leaves nowhere for greed to siphon off money and requires personal responsibility from every citizen and therefore they will never be solved. My guess is most years you can think of 2 people in their 70s and 80s or heck even in their 40s that have passed that you didn't see coming and yet your life has continued on, hopefully even somebody as daft as you gets my point.

Nobody wants to be that one, or close relative of a loved one that dies but someday we all are. I have suffered my losses and will again someday. The only hoax here is what has become of people, common sense, the media, and reality.
Since Feb. 1st of this year, roughly 150,000 more Americans have died than would in an average year during that time. If most, or even a significant number, of Covid victims were stage 4 cancer patients on their death beds already, that number would be much lower. Data doesn't lie.

I agree that people need to start taking personal responsibility to make the country better. Start by staying home when you can and wearing a mask if you must go out. Protect your fellow American.

The logic for a hoax advocates does not compute. Nor does the so called inflation, and, I have no dog in the US fight.

The logic for those saying it will go away after election, ignores the rest of the globe, it ignores that Trump is in and could make the changes and have prevented the fake news and hoax, or exposed it all. Trump also has become more concerned. Yet the straws are being grasped at.

It is all a nonsense to say it is fake, driven by incentives, etc etc, I am sick of the very long river known as de nile. Am thankful the deep seated distrust is not down here, I do welcome questioning govt responses and reasoned debate, there was some very good debate locally on TV with very opposing views, but no hoax, 5G or other fraud conspiracy theories being raised by anyone. It beggars belief, it saddens me actually.

Whatever the case, it is not hard to practice the logical precautions & go about your business.

Buck Randall said:
SmokinM said:

Since Feb. 1st of this year, roughly 150,000 more Americans have died than would in an average year during that time. If most, or even a significant number, of Covid victims were stage 4 cancer patients on their death beds already, that number would be much lower. Data doesn't lie.

I agree that people need to start taking personal responsibility to make the country better. Start by staying home when you can and wearing a mask if you must go out. Protect your fellow American.

It really is not hard, nor, liberty depriving, of anyone, no matter constitution nor politics, to do that little bit to help protect, even those who may be past the use by date, but give family members time to say goodbye etc etc....

Cmon, seems the communists are out doing us all, while they prob should, this argument ya all are having is embarrassing, if the naysayers end up right, well, he haw......glad it was all nothing ( I really hope it is), what about if you wrong though & you could have done what amounts to nothing really ???

We can separate the politics and economics from the decent and precautionary ?

Figures don't lie but liars sure do figures. That's roughly 500 extra funerals per state per month. Seems like there would be a shortage of hearses. Sure hope you voiced that stay at home and protect your fellow American concern to all the protesters you are so in support of. I am not saying it's not out there, not saying it's of no concern, and contrary to what you probably think I do take certain precautions when I am out. It is not however what the media or politicians portray it as and has been so twisted now the truth will never be known nor will statistically beneficial numbers ever be available. Another great opportunity to learn and improve the world be niced away by party politics and free loaders. One group screaming the sky is falling the other group just trying to make them understand if we all did our part we could catch it.

Yes the herd will be thinned, these things must happen. Will I lose someone I love, always a possibility but life goes on always has always will. When that changes it won't matter to any of us.

I dont want it to be an issue and I dont want it to be a nonissue... I just want the facts. I will never take any numbers seriously when a person dies from a car wreck but they test them any ways and count it if they had covid at the time of the wreck. I will also never take any one seriously who says to wear masks and limit your interactions but then encourages riots or mass funerals for "public figures".

I'm no Dr but even I can spot hypocracy. I'm generally a very open person but I cant go along with that. As I have said before, they have hurt the seriousness of this real issue with their hypocrisy and politics.

Its obvious that none of the lib tards, want to mention dr fouchi that couldn't answer a simple question if these peaceful protests, (what a joke unless you're a retard) affects the rise in cases, wouldn't answer the question, he tried to look dumb enough that he didn't understand the question, he's no doctor, just some one that will benefit on this, he's a quack.

Brute 23 said:
I dont want it to be an issue and I dont want it to be a nonissue... I just want the facts. I will never take any numbers seriously when a person dies from a car wreck but they test them any ways and count it if they had covid at the time of the wreck. I will also never take any one seriously who says to wear masks and limit your interactions but then encourages riots or mass funerals for "public figures".

I'm no Dr but even I can spot hypocracy. I'm generally a very open person but I cant go along with that. As I have said before, they have hurt the seriousness of this real issue with their hypocrisy and politics.

The media has always operated on hype, shock etc, is not new, they often miss things, I put the errors down to it now being a funds starved profession, it is actually not very professional anymore, they also have to compete with social media and large content goliaths....so is not surprising it is far less professional.

But where are these large errors being made in counting ? And what % is it of the numbers if it is happening ?

If somone dies in an auto accident, and they had covid, they should be counted, but clearly not on the death tally, just the case tally.

Either way, the whole counting system cannot be dismissed due to some errors, because it is not like the US is so different too many other places.

The numbers too me are just an indicator of what is happening, my outlook may be different as we had control, and my state still does, while south it has become a mess due too some mis handling, as cases have risen, so too a few weeks later have the deaths, I see clear connections, I do not need to scrutinise all or every count, it provides a very clear picture.

This is seperate too many other things that cause illness or death.

Latest posts