County Results

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusSenorita

Reaction score
Well county fair is over THANK GOD, I don't think I have gotten more than 5 hours of sleep each night and my boots have not been dry since tuesday.
1st place lamb and 5th over all- got 750 for her in the auction today

1st place heifer- she looks really good right now but she was misbehaving in the ring she started jumping up a little bit, she has never done that before hopefully she won't do it again( although despite practicing for an hour every day for almost 3 months before houston she still would not stand still in the ring, she can be a diva lol)

8th of 11 steer- exactly where I expected to place once I saw the class, he was the height of the heavy weight steers but he was about 200-300 lbs shy.
Didn't make auction- didn't expect to

I am going to Ft.Worth and Houston with both cows. Hopefully by houston he will gain enough weight. He is very efficient when he eats, but we just now got him eating consistently(I think) we are just keeping feed infront of him 24/7, he gives us too much trouble trying to get him to eat acertain amount at a certain time 2x a day

It was a pretty good senior year county show.

In the north the fairs are in the fall because the animals grow more quickly

down here they are in the winter because the hot summer slows down their growth

ACTUALLY IN TEXAS COUNTY FAIRS RUN ALL TIMES OF YEAR. WINTER, LATE SPRING, AND EARLY SUMMER. JUST DEPENDS WHERE YOU ARE AT.

Texas26steerjock":1k9yzvyz said:
ACTUALLY IN TEXAS COUNTY FAIRS RUN ALL TIMES OF YEAR. WINTER, LATE SPRING, AND EARLY SUMMER. JUST DEPENDS WHERE YOU ARE AT.
Correct. Our country fair (I'm in the same location as AngusSenorita) used to be closer to Fort Worth time but they moved it back earlier last year.

Latest posts