county fair pics

Help Support CattleToday:

iowa hawkeyes

Reaction score
fav_and_paprika_2.jpg

Fav_and_Paprika.jpg

cow/calf pair won and the heifer calf was overall grand champ feeder calf.

Wendy_Jane.jpg

son's heifer

Queen_Mary.jpg

daughter's purebred Maine heifer but showed as commercial, second in class

Wiley_Mae.jpg

daughter's heifer, she ended up reserve grand breeding heifer.

bandit.jpg

son's steer, weighed 1305, second in class

mr_fav.jpg

son's steer, weighed 1260, middle of pack, home raised calf from the dam above out of herd bull

trophy.jpg

daughter won jr. showmanship and our club also got 2nd and 3rd. Son also was 2nd in intermediate showmanship

champ_goat_lineup.jpg

championship lineup, our goat weighed 97 a little too heavy for the judge.

IMG_3868_1.jpg

she won showmanship in the goats too

Congratulations, sounds like you all had a great fair, your son makes that calf look 1100 pounds, he's quite tall. I really like the cow calf pair. Gray steer looks like he needed 100 pounds more and he would have taken it all.

Claire_and_Mr_Kinnick.jpg

Claire_and_Mr_Kinnick_2.jpg

one more pic of the Heat Wave steer. He weighed 1390 and got second in class behind the eventually champion steer. Daughter learned a good life lesson on this one. He was the hairiest calf by far, and I think she thought she was going to win but he just didn't get the job done that day. these pics are from sale day.

That herf heifer that was reserve grand,was she a reload? Sure looks like one.

Nice job. Congratulations to you and the kids.

You know,parents raise kids and kids raise livestock ;-)

JHH":aycbbxir said:
That herf heifer that was reserve grand,was she a reload? Sure looks like one.

Nice job. Congratulations to you and the kids.

You know,parents raise kids and kids raise livestock ;-)

Thanks JHH. I meant to comment on your herf steer when I saw it posted. I thought he reminded me of our steer that I pictured above, but yours had more butt :) .
That herf heifer is out of a SD cow and our good old Mac bull (a Tank son). Now that he's gone I appreciate him even more. Great calving ease, and the calves we fed out of him did really well. She's the only female we have though, we don't have too many cows now.
My son's heifer is a Reload and I thought if either of our heifers had a chance it would be with the Reload. The judge's comments tended to favor her more over the other one. :?
I'm getting excited for the state fair. We are taking 6 Herfs down to that in 2 weeks.

Latest posts