County Fair Over

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Well our 2007 County fair is in the record books. Basically it was a middle of the road fair for us. Our Steer stood questionably second in class behind what I thought should have been either Grand or Reserve steer with us getting the other spot. But Judge picked the pretty groomed light weights instead of the two power house 1,300 lb. He actually said our steer was to Powerful, that is his exact words "to powerful" But that is the way Judging goes, different day, different judge different results. I can not dog him much though, since he is the Kansas State Assistant Livestock Coach.

We had two 1st in class Crossbreed heifers. The May heifer that we raised went on to get Reserve Crossbreed Female standing behind a 6 year old aged cows that has won it last few years. This was one of our first raised heifers to show and to get Reserve Grand we were excited.

Pigs did alright, a fourth in class, and two second place in class. One of them stood second in class behind the Grand Market Hog.

Was proud of 11 year old daughter she was still one of three kids still standing when judge picked Grand Junior beef showman, but we were excited for her to 3rd out of 20 kids and it being her first year to enter the Beef Showmanship. She has received Hog Reserve Junior Showman the last two years but never did the beef.

Well that is the Fair round up, hope all you guys fairs go good! Time to start looking for next year!

Jovid":3nz7o76b said:
Congratulations.

I have heard it was an interesting show this year.

Over all it was not to bad of a show, the judge got the ones to the top that should have been there. A few of us might have moved around the top few a little. I think there was a Red Poll that might ought to have been a little higher, you probably know which one I am talking about :?:

But after last years Hog Joke we were happy to have someone that knew how to pick animals. Last year our Reserved Champion Hog should have probably stood around 6th in his class. They for some unknowing reason got our local grocery store meat cutter to judge it. He supposedly judges some back in the 60's :roll:

KNERSIE":1oulv5m2 said:
Donald,

don't tell me you've forgotten your camera at home ;-)

My family is the worse picture taking family there is. We have lots of video's but hardly no pictures. I did just go through my memory card on my video camera and my daughter took a few of our steer. I will try to post later this weekend.

I am also a poor janitor that has a scanner but no usb hook ups on old computer running Windows 98 still. So I have to get them developed at Wal-Mart then scan them to post online.

aplusmnt":30cob0db said:
KNERSIE":30cob0db said:
Donald,

don't tell me you've forgotten your camera at home ;-)

My family is the worse picture taking family there is. We have lots of video's but hardly no pictures. I did just go through my memory card on my video camera and my daughter took a few of our steer. I will try to post later this weekend.

I am also a poor janitor that has a scanner but no usb hook ups on old computer running Windows 98 still. So I have to get them developed at Wal-Mart then scan them to post online.

no need to go through all that trouble, just thought if you had any photos handy I would have liked to see them.

Latest posts