Country music?

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
Is it me or has country music relly gone down hill over the last few years? I always thought there were certainrules that had to be followed to be considered a country singer, i'll list a few issues i have.

1. You have to know where the country is.
2. You should know something about the country way of life (NO city boys).
3. Cowboys don't drive El Dorados passing out hundred dollar bills. They work for 2k a month if they are hired men. free alot of the time if they own the place.
4. Boots and a hat qualify you for nothing.
5. 5 acres and a llama isn't a ranch
6. The code must be followed
7. NO EARINGS ON MEN! NO EXCEPTIONS

what happened to good ole boys like Don williams and chris ledoux? This new stuff is mostly crap.

Beef11":3mwg3wxu said:
what happened to good ole boys like Don williams and chris ledoux? This new stuff is mostly crap.
Don't know about Don Williams but chris LeDoux is dead just like Johnny Cash and a score of other great ones.
You are dead ass right on your other comments too.

Don Williams is alive and well. He resides here in Middle Tennessee.I'm buddies with his Sound Tech.Don's about as Country as you can get.

Nowadays it's pop-country. I really like Don Williams, I don't remember him ever recording a bad song.

Beef11":mza28twq said:
Is it me or has country music relly gone down hill over the last few years? I always thought there were certainrules that had to be followed to be considered a country singer, i'll list a few issues i have.

1. You have to know where the country is.
2. You should know something about the country way of life (NO city boys).
3. Cowboys don't drive El Dorados passing out hundred dollar bills. They work for 2k a month if they are hired men. free alot of the time if they own the place.
5. 5 acres and a llama isn't a ranch
6. The code must be followed
7. NO EARINGS ON MEN! NO EXCEPTIONS

YES!!! I concur. I think what we (I) call Texas Country, is Real Country, what country is supposed to sound like. Nashville is going downhill so fast its ridiculous.

....just like the old saying "Just 'cause your standing in a garage, doesn't mean your a car"

I really like Merle. My nine YO loves him. One of my favorites that is rare on the radio is Marty Robbins. I love those songs of the gun fights.

Scotty

Chris LeDoux is still my all time favorite. Its too bad I never really noticed his music much until after he died. Some of the new stuff I like, but mostly the older stuff is what I like, like Willie, Waylon, the Hag, and Cash. I guess its just like the song George Strait did with Alan Jackson. Theres been a murder on Music Row. Someone killed country music.

ROCKSPRINGS":3e8486rp said:
Long live Bob Wills and the man in black, Johnny Cash.
Johnny Cash, has got to one of the most missed people I ever knew. It was not unusual to see him and June Carter Cash, walking along the aisles at Lowe's or even wal-Mart in Hendersonville, TN. Even with the stature they both shared, they were just as common folk as everyone of us is.Long live "The Man in Black". He truly was a landmark in our County.

Crowderfarms":1qhjheb1 said:
ROCKSPRINGS":1qhjheb1 said:
Long live Bob Wills and the man in black, Johnny Cash.
Johnny Cash, has got to one of the most missed people I ever knew. It was not unusual to see him and June Carter Cash, walking along the aisles at Lowe's or even wal-Mart in Hendersonville, TN. Even with the stature they both shared, they were just as common folk as everyone of us is.Long live "The Man in Black". He truly was a landmark in our County.

Watched an interview with John Schneider (spell check) "Bo Duke" and he talked about his relationship with the Cash family. It was really interesting how down home he made them sound in his stories.

My girlfriend (now my wife) used to like to neck to Don Williams tapes. I will have to try to dig them out and play them again ;-)

George Strait played in St. Paul two weeks ago to a diverse crowd that included a lot of horse hobby farm folks. I think his his music and his life both demonstrate a lot of class. I do not have time for the pretty pop artists and the punks you see in the popular media.

Scotty":tfz526r4 said:
I really like Merle. My nine YO loves him. One of my favorites that is rare on the radio is Marty Robbins. I love those songs of the gun fights.

Scotty
Scotty I am with you on Marty Robbins and gunfight songs. Also Johnny Cash. I like them because I can understand what they are saying and thats what matters to me as I am pretty much tone deaf.

Can't stand this new country pop punk crap!.
Like George and Alan said in "Murder On Music Row"
They Killed Country Music!

:(

It is all about the money, (Sadly). There are less country people, and not many country people in the entertainment business, but as the country music giants passed on, there was a vacancy and alot of people realized this and started trying to pass off this stuff as country and alot of wannabe cowboys bought into it and it sells. Just watch a few country music videos and you see that there is nothing country about it.

youre right .this stuff today isnt country music.most of those guys probably never smelled horse manure.most of the songs they dont sing just kinda talk there way through it.and if youll notice when a country singer comes out with a song he will come out with another really soon with the same beat,same rythm,and same music just different words.they arent interrested in tallent or performing an art as much as cranking out songs and making a buck or twojus arent any merls or georges in there blood.

Why they even tell the Possum
To pack up and go back home
There's been an awful murder
Down on music row
:(

Latest posts