couldn't do it without my top hand

Help Support CattleToday:

My son wants to be his own boss someday. Shoe horses, ride colts, and raise cattle. I tell him that sounds fine, but he should marry a nurse.

Bigfoot":19yihw3g said:
My son wants to be his own boss someday. Shoe horses, ride colts, and raise cattle. I tell him that sounds fine, but he should marry a nurse.

Or a lady doctor whose parents were extremely rich. And dead :lol2:

My son (in college) has been being chased all year by a young pre-med Indian lass, whose well-off family owns almost 200 convenience stores. (Yes, I know, insert joke here). She asked him to come to dinner at her parents (she lives at home) before they had even gone out (very traditional family). So of course he headed for the hills!!! I told him to not be too hasty---that she will bring home a big paycheck AND cook dinner!

Take a registered herd of Herefords and put every bred of bull in the world with them , in 50 to 100 years what would that herd look like?

callmefence that is a great pic of your wife!
I think that it is fantastic when your partner, is truly your partner. I know that i will never be involved with someone that does not share the same passion for the livestock that I do. It just brings you closer and makes everyday life a fun adventure!

Did a branding last weekend with my man, synced 80 head yesterday with the vet, and driving cattle home and doing a branding this weekend. For me, (he's) got to share the same love for the work or there would be a conflict of schedules and priorities for sure!

The wife and I put CIDR's in 60 heifers yesterday morning in a little under 3 hours. I have done it by myself in the past but it certain took longer. And when we were done and got into the house she asked me what I wanted her to make me for lunch. Nothing beats a great partner.

It is so good to read all of these nice comments that you men have written about your wives. That's the way it should be. I work with my husband on just about everything that we do. I do not know how he would make it without me. I go with him to check cows every time they are checked. I do not work on fences, but have helped put up some gates.
Always heard it said that behind every successful man is a good woman. Also man's work is done at set of sun, but a woman's work is never done. I find both of these very true.
It is good to hear how much you men appreciate the help that you get from your wife. Keep working together and you will both be blessed.

Did a branding last weekend with my man, synced 80 head yesterday with the vet, and driving cattle home and doing a branding this weekend. For me, (he's) got to share the same love for the work or there would be a conflict of schedules and priorities for sure![/quote]

Now I see why you've been MIA so much. :banana: This site has some great ladies on it, and I sure wish they'd post more.

Not sure where I got this. May have been on this forum. Worth repeating!
Couldn't make it without mine.

English lesson of the day!
"Complete" or "Finished"?

No dictionary has ever been able to define the difference between "complete" and "finished." However, during a recent linguistic conference, held in London, England, Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese linguist, was asked to make that very distinction.

The question by a colleague in the erudite audience was this: "Some say there is no difference between 'complete' and 'finished.' Please explain the difference in a way that is easy to understand."

Mr. Balgobin's response: "When you marry the right woman, you are 'complete.' If you marry the wrong woman, you are 'finished.' And, if the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are 'completely finished.'"

His answer received a five minute standing ovation.."

Fortunately she has many other good qualities (foremost among them is putting up with me).
I think we're all lucky to even still have one willing to stay around at all. Mine, is a self proclaimed city girl, (and never lets me forget it) but she will get out and help me with the cows if she has to. I was having trouble yesterday hanging an old stamped steel 14' gate and she came tromping thru the mud and sheet to hold up one end.

There's an awful lot of stuff that goes three (or four) times as fast with two people working together! Makes it more fun too.

(But as I noted in a previous thread, that's not hanging wallpaper! ;)

boondocks":1rwbzq9r said:
There's an awful lot of stuff that goes three (or four) times as fast with two people working together! Makes it more fun too.

(But as I noted in a previous thread, that's not hanging wallpaper! ;)
:nod: it can definitely be fun when your working with some one and its going well

Latest posts