Could you survive

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy

Reaction score
Jo post in what you are eating got me thinking.

If something happened tomorrow say the electrical grid is wiped out nationwide and there was no electricity, if you water is pumped with electric pumps no water, no fuel, no money, no grocery store, no phones, all the convenient stuff is gone could you survive? Could you live off the land catch and kill your own food? I got deer, rabbits, turtles, fish, birds and of course hogs I think I could survive. My main concern is my family down in Houston could they get out and make it up here. How long do you think you could survive?

I'm a half azz prepper and have the essentials to survive...maybe. The heat would be my down fall I do believe. We need the power grid to go down for about a month in this country. The deadbeats and freeloaders would be weeded out by then and we could move the country forward for our kids and grandkids. If you ain't ready by now you'll never be. The fake news and hillery woke us up, and should of woke everyone up that loves this country.

True Grit Farms":1groj9lc said:
We need the power grid to go down for about a month in this country.
The deadbeats and freeloaders would be weeded out by then and we could move the country forward for our kids and
grand kids. If you ain't ready by now you'll never be.
:lol:

Son of Butch":3ph9ab83 said:
How does electrical grid wiped out = no money? You own stock in the electric compnay?

The banks would shut down so you would only have what is in your pocket. I also imagine that paper money would be about as valuable as used toilet paper.

True Grit Farms":st0007a6 said:
I'm a half azz prepper and have the essentials to survive...maybe. The heat would be my down fall I do believe. We need the power grid to go down for about a month in this country. The deadbeats and freeloaders would be weeded out by then and we could move the country forward for our kids and grandkids. If you ain't ready by now you'll never be. The fake news and hillery woke us up, and should of woke everyone up that loves this country.

You think a month is long enough?

wacocowboy":10a0qwnx said:
True Grit Farms":10a0qwnx said:

You'd be amazed at the animal kingdom you'd see on day three.

wacocowboy":33ttebbt said:
True Grit Farms":33ttebbt said:

Couple days would be enough. Once the yuppies run out of bottled water, they would die. My nephews would be some of the first to go - their parents have raised them that everything else but bottled water is poison - I toss a garbage bag full of empty water bottles every time they come for a short couple-day visit. It is the norm in the cities. Fruit cakes I tell ya.

90% of our food is from the farm.. we'd have to do with a little less exotic stuff.. lemons, avocados, cheeses, etc, but we'd still be eating like kings... Coffee and tea.. definitely would miss those

I think with all the centralized industry we are pretty fragile. What do you think would happen to the country if all the refineries in Texas were taken out somehow? This it would be a hiccup for the country or a national disaster?

jedstivers":16uimxh9 said:
wacocowboy":16uimxh9 said:
True Grit Farms":16uimxh9 said:

You'd be amazed at the animal kingdom you'd see on day three.

Oh I imagine it would be full on chaos by the end of day one. Some of them would be able to steal some food so not sure if a month is long enough for the cockroaches to die out.

I can see water being a problem. Plenty of stock ponds around to dip it from, but would have to boil and filter it all.

I just hope the wineries don't go down. When that happens, at some point you got to conclude that life is not worth living.

I think we would do as good as any. Being completely landlocked. We have zero public road frontage. and a mile of narrow rough road is the only way in. We are quite defensible. Game , cattle ,fish , a garden and horses.
I've never played well with others anyway
I think we might just thrive.

I feel as though I can survive... I got creeks ponds with fish underground springs every animal that you can think of here so I feel as though id be good. If something happens I do not want people running to my place for sure.

My husband has been reading books on fictional surviving a EMP. His conclusion, if you are not at home when it happens, head that way right away. Walk, ride a bike, but leave before all h3ll breaks out when people start getting hungry..
We live far out, but not far enough. Dallas is over 100 miles away and full of people. They'll start branching out looking for food. People forget masses of city dwellers who have no knowledge of where food comes from... I've heard people 'think' they'll just plant a little garden and get a few chickens and do just fine...HA...There will be people who want what you've worked for and there's this other thing called winter. Growing a few tomatoes is not going to get you through winter and if you don't have a stash of canning equipment, you're toast.....
We do some prepping and that's good for a start if something happens. But the best prepping is knowledge. We've learned to make alcohol, beekeeping, cheese making, canning, gardening, learning how to use equipment, repair of equipment, etc...We've hoarded books, I have an attic full of books of all kinds. Books to learn, books for entertainment. People are just throwing away books like no one needs them anymore because, heck, we have google..
I gotta say that if we do ever suffer a EMP, we're going to have a lot of dumb people out there just walking in circles..We can only hope they are unable to find a map, much less read one to get out where we are.......

Latest posts