Cost per head.

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
An older man jsut called me and asked if I would go over to his place and process his cattle. All bull calves cut and all calves vaccinated. Also he wants to vaccinate his cows. He said he would pay and asked if I would supply the antigen and shute he has the pens. What do you guys pay or ask for for your day work. I want to do this for the money but not over charge. Any advice would be helpful.

The cowboys around me charge 100 per day per man and I buy them lunch. 75 dollars extra per horse per day.

Point of reference: Our Vet(s) charge $50 - 75 an hour for Vet and/or assistant to work cattle. Plus round trip mileage to our facility.

Also, probably $25 to $50 an hour for part-time local/area wranglers...if you can locate & hire one...

I'd think $200 a day for wrangler would be reasonable. Wages have gone up for "skilled" workers, you know!

I have a man that comes and helps me some times. We pay him 75.00 an hour. I usally give him an extra 50.00 for his fuel if he is not in my area already.

I hope my 14 year old son don't read what some of ya'll are paying for help. He don't get near that for a week.

as far as cowboying them I have no clue...... call your local vet and ask what he charges for dispensed vaccines (not by the bottle but what he charges if he gives the shot).