Correction

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's got about 100k more miles on it than my wife has on me so knowing the shape I'm in, I probably better pass. I'm guessing to make the AC work, you rotate the handle thingie on the door?

NM, I see it don't have manual windows...
It's the fan motor. I have to be sure to turn off the 'dual climate control' before I turn the ignition off. If I forget, the next time I start it, I have to turn the defrost on and manually adjust the fan so it'll start genning.
No big deal, much like my wife.

I was just introduced to Buzz Balls a couple weekends ago. Too sweet for me. I wash too fast to hold a beer in the shower; However someone left a bottle of Knob Creek on the counter next to the coffee pot. The choice was easy.

I'm going out the door to blade the driveway this morning. Hoping to have a steady hand to pull that load behind.
I don't think they are sold in Tennessee. We have strange laws about liquor in grocery stores. Beer and wine (wine just recently) are ok but only within certain hours. But any other type of alcohol must be malt-based and not higher than something like 12%.

I don't think they are sold in Tennessee. We have strange laws about liquor in grocery stores. Beer and wine (wine just recently) are ok but only within certain hours. But any other type of alcohol must be malt-based and not higher than something like 12%.
Ours alcohol laws are strange too. I live in a dry county, but I could buy mariwanna if I wanted to. It's a 50 minute drive to buy beer, and three hours round trip to buy bourbon.
Fortunate for me, my wife enjoys making beer and wine. She just can't make it fast enough, so I'm thinking about getting her a helper. For some reason she doesn't cabbage on to that idea.

She just woke up (in the traditional way), so thinking I'll get my tractor key back after the counseling.

2006 Chevy half ton crew cab, 2wd, 5.3, >240,000 miles. Everything works except the gas gauge and the odometer. Well, there's this trick to make the air conditioner work, but I'll show you when you get here.
Oh, and the radio won't turn off and the back bumper is bent. Tailgate works (bonus)

Mileage will change because it's a daily driver. $5,000

Vehicle ads are entertaining.
It's amazingly easy to fix those clusters.

She just woke up (in the traditional way), so thinking I'll get my tractor key back after the counseling.
She told me that my piss/vinegar ratio is off kilter this morning, so I'm only allowed to look at it.

No, not that!

Then she tells me I'm a hard man to love. I took that as a compliment, so I told her that she's an easy woman to love and it must be an "opposite's attract" thing.

I think it was the "easy" that earned me the no key for the day treatment.
6A11CB02-B8D4-4491-8136-59C2A83B7BF0.jpeg

I wish I had somebody like you living close by
The gauges are operated by "stepper motors" which are little round things behind the face of the cluster. They go out and the gauge doesn't work. You can buy kits which include enough motors to replace all of them, or one at a time. It's pretty simple to take the cluster out, take off the back, and replace the motors. I'd do them all at the same time. all you need is a soldering iron, some patience, and reasonable hand coordination. Just be sure the new motor goes in at the same clock location as the old one came out. I mark the new and old motor, and the cluster backing surface, so I know they are clocked right. The first one I did only took a couple of hours.

I'd bet you could find a youtube video on replacing them.

The gauges are operated by "stepper motors" which are little round things behind the face of the cluster. They go out and the gauge doesn't work. You can buy kits which include enough motors to replace all of them, or one at a time. It's pretty simple to take the cluster out, take off the back, and replace the motors. I'd do them all at the same time. all you need is a soldering iron, some patience, and reasonable hand coordination. Just be sure the new motor goes in at the same clock location as the old one came out. I mark the new and old motor, and the cluster backing surface, so I know they are clocked right. The first one I did only took a couple of hours.

I'd bet you could find a youtube video on replacing them.
I don't mind working, but rather you visit. I'm just selfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts