Correction

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have noticed that there is a few people here that feel a need to point out when someone that says something that might not quite be right. And they usually do it in a very pointed fashion.
It seems I've seen a lot of people be rude for absolutely no reason other than to make themselves appear smart.
I do believe that it's just this kind of attitude that is ruining our great nation. Do you always have to be right?
Do you always have to be the last one to get your word in ?
Do you always have to say something negative?
I think we all can probably use a little better attitude of gratitude.
We a bunch of lucky people we even got time to waste on here.

I have noticed that there is a few people here that feel a need to point out when someone that says something that might not quite be right. And they usually do it in a very pointed fashion.
It seems I've seen a lot of people be rude for absolutely no reason other than to make themselves appear smart.
I do believe that it's just this kind of attitude that is ruining our great nation. Do you always have to be right?
Do you always have to be the last one to get your word in ?
Do you always have to say something negative?
I think we all can probably use a little better attitude of gratitude.
We a bunch of lucky people we even got time to waste on here.
Benefit of the doubt is no longer in fashion. Just like leisure suits...

"Half of the people can be part right all of the time
Some of the people can be all right part of the time
But all the people can't be all right all the time
I think Abraham Lincoln said that
"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours"
I said that"
Bob Dylan, Talkin WWIII Blues

I saw a thread on facebook asking what song you want song at your funeral. An old bull riding friend of mine wanted Mac Davis, Oh Lord it is hard to be humble. I might drop Amazing Grace and go with that too.
I was just thinking today while driving down the road at work that I should call up a practice pen and ask about fees and days to go get back on a bull for the first time in years to see if maybe age improved my ability to stick one, then I remembered that I'm an idiot and that my passing thoughts should rarely be allowed to do more than pass.

I saw a thread on facebook asking what song you want song at your funeral. An old bull riding friend of mine wanted Mac Davis, Oh Lord it is hard to be humble. I might drop Amazing Grace and go with that too.
I like that! My plan is to make my own coffin. Then have the pastor go on and on about what a fine craftsman I was. Then when the pall bearers pick up the casket, the handles will break away and the door will open when it hits the floor. Figure if it doesn't get any laughs at least it will be memorable.

I was just thinking today while driving down the road at work that I should call up a practice pen and ask about fees and days to go get back on a bull for the first time in years to see if maybe age improved my ability to stick one, then I remembered that I'm an idiot and that my passing thoughts should rarely be allowed to do more than pass.
After all those years riding barebacks when the National Anthem starts playing I involuntarily start flexing and stretching. I would still love the rush of climbing into the chute. But the SOB had better not open the gate.

After all those years riding barebacks when the National Anthem starts playing I involuntarily start flexing and stretching. I would still love the rush of climbing into the chute. But the SOB had better not open the gate.
Whew. Wheeeew. Ain't nothing like lowering down onto the hurricane deck of something that wants to dislodge you. Nothing like bearing down and mouthing out "let's go, boys" or "turn him loose" or "let this mother(you know the rest) out" and then feeling your heart both stop and surge and you're seeing the world through pinholes and everything is fast and slow at the same time and son of a gun, it's just awesome until you're spitting dirt and favoring an ankle.

and then feeling your heart both stop and surge and you're seeing the world through pinholes and everything is fast and slow at the same time and son of a gun, it's just awesome until you're spitting dirt and favoring an ankle.
It's awesome how when it was all new, every other thing, care and worry in the world went away into tunnel vision when you nodded. For a fleeting moment the world is only humps and horns. Did not realize it then but those were some of the best times of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts