corporate welfare fraud?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richardin52":1ipt5503 said:
Did a search on corporate welfare fraud and found this. So who's doing anything about this? Sounds to me like we have thieves on the top as well as the bottom and we're only addressing the bottom. Just scroll down a little to read article.

http://thinkbynumbers.org/government-sp ... tatistics/

It is not that simple as you believe.
If you are going to stop one you need to stop them all that includes the farm welfare system called a subsidy.
In the corporate world its a tax break.
You think the economy is in ruin now you had better hunker down and be well armed.
You might have thought you stumbled on something new this is an issue our country has been wrangling with
It seems every time some hair brain idea comes out to fix it we just keep getting deeper in the hole.
http://countrystudies.us/united-states/economy-6.htm

Where's the wedge?? Welfare is welfare anyway you look at it. Why the heck should our government give tax dollars to anyone? Do I owe someone something for nothing?? This whole system is BS, I feel like the monkey in the middle. I guess I could and probably should get some cost share for our farm. My wife is the majority owner, because a women is a minority after all. Why the heck should it matter but it does. I just can't make myself screw, and take advantage of the taxpayers in this country. Because most of us have worked and paid taxes our whole life, and to me it would be like stealing from a friend. Just because you can doesn't mean you should!!

highgrit":1otfqqn6 said:
Where's the wedge?? Welfare is welfare anyway you look at it. Why the heck should our government give tax dollars to anyone? Do I owe someone something for nothing?? This whole system is BS, I feel like the monkey in the middle. I guess I could and probably should get some cost share for our farm. My wife is the majority owner, because a women is a minority after all. Why the heck should it matter but it does. I just can't make myself screw, and take advantage of the taxpayers in this country. Because most of us have worked and paid taxes our whole life, and to me it would be like stealing from a friend. Just because you can doesn't mean you should!!

Not arguing your point you can end it all tomorrow and will have total economic collapse.
We have been digging this hole for over a 100 years you are not going to fill it overnight.
Everyone takes a form of welfare everyday from things we eat to the electricity powering our homes.
Do you think this countries railroad system is not subsidized lower the cost on everything from a settin of eggs to a roll of toilet paper.
Again do you think the airline industries are not subsidized I could go on and on.

CB, your there in the hart of the oil business. There is no way the BP oil company should still exists. They paid out billions of dollars maybe?? How can a company suck up that kind of loss and still be on top. I will tell you how their on the take, and they should be bankrupt. This country has sold it's sole to the company train. I hope I live to see our country shut down, and have to start over. I need no help from the government, but yesterday I had to do my share to help this country. Yesterday was my tax day, I paid the accountant and I signed the check to pay the government my share on what I worked hard for. So now they can give it to someone, that has no right getting a penny.

Highgrit, I agree with the last part of your post but if we did have to start over, even CB doesn't have enough ammo. to defend his food supply.

highgrit":odn54tla said:
CB, your there in the hart of the oil business. There is no way the BP oil company should still exists. They paid out billions of dollars maybe?? How can a company suck up that kind of loss and still be on top. I will tell you how their on the take, and they should be bankrupt. This country has sold it's sole to the company train. I hope I live to see our country shut down, and have to start over. I need no help from the government, but yesterday I had to do my share to help this country. Yesterday was my tax day, I paid the accountant and I signed the check to pay the government my share on what I worked hard for. So now they can give it to someone, that has no right getting a penny.

Ah my friend you are wrong on this as I have no loyalty to BP and severed all ties Dec 21, 2007.
I hated the Brits and there attitude is one reason I left.
Billions of dollars is a drop in the bucket to them. They don't just operate in the USA.
Secondly they are not on top nowhere close as they have had to sell most of the US refineries they got from Amoco.
Yes my heart lies with the oil industry as it creates millions of high paying jobs for American's while supplying the country with security.
The refineries and the infrastructure are just the tip of the iceberg. Born in Tulsa Ok is building heating equipment for refineries all across the country American jobs and good ones. Ingersoll Rand along with GE is provding pumps and compressors . Not to mention all the heavy equipment instrument jobs at Foxboro or Honeywell the list just keeps going. Those jobs provide income to buy Ford, GM and Dodge along with Maytag. Didn't even get into drilling offshore shipping the list of jobs and industry is monstrous, that my friend is what made America great. Industry!!!! Is why we won WWII.
Bill Clinton destroyed 100,000 of thousands of jobs the day he let BP take over Amoco and ARCO. I can give you refineries all across the nation that have shut down due to the government again more American jobs lost from the steel mill to the company making bolts and washers. Industry is not the enemy of the American the government is.
Why do you think our economy is in the toilet and will continue to be.
We have lost our industrial might because of the government.
As the middle class goes so goes the country and the middle class is headed for extinction.

You and I drive down subsidized roads everyday you couldn't even get to town without a subsidy.
Everyone thinks this is a simple solution, it's not.

highgrit":1qy5y5dj said:
I agree welfare is a subsidy and a subsidy is welfare.

The wedge is psychological. The Ds make themselves out as providing for poor folks. Rs make themselves out as tax cutters for business. That's the wedge.

All the people in the middle pay to support both ends. The middle 60% are not represented. We are simply the fuel stoking the machine.

Caustic Burno":2uq10y0o said:
highgrit":2uq10y0o said:

Ah my friend you are wrong on this as I have no loyalty to BP and severed all ties Dec 21, 2007.
I hated the Brits and there attitude is one reason I left.
Billions of dollars is a drop in the bucket to them. They don't just operate in the USA.
Secondly they are not on top nowhere close as they have had to sell most of the US refineries they got from Amoco.
Yes my heart lies with the oil industry as it creates millions of high paying jobs for American's while supplying the country with security.
The refineries and the infrastructure are just the tip of the iceberg. Born in Tulsa Ok is building heating equipment for refineries all across the country American jobs and good ones. Ingersoll Rand along with GE is provding pumps and compressors . Not to mention all the heavy equipment instrument jobs at Foxboro or Honeywell the list just keeps going. Those jobs provide income to buy Ford, GM and Dodge along with Maytag. Didn't even get into drilling offshore shipping the list of jobs and industry is monstrous, that my friend is what made America great. Industry!!!! Is why we won WWII.
Bill Clinton destroyed 100,000 of thousands of jobs the day he let BP take over Amoco and ARCO. I can give you refineries all across the nation that have shut down due to the government again more American jobs lost from the steel mill to the company making bolts and washers. Industry is not the enemy of the American the government is.
Why do you think our economy is in the toilet and will continue to be.
We have lost our industrial might because of the government.
As the middle class goes so goes the country and the middle class is headed for extinction.

You and I drive down subsidized roads everyday you couldn't even get to town without a subsidy.
Everyone thinks this is a simple solution, it's not.
FACT

High just a note on BP.
After paying out for the cleanup for three years, it has sold $38 billion in assets.
That knocked them out of the top 5.

As far as fraud goes it is happening from the parsonage to the White House has and always will.
Careful in what you wish for as it is much cheaper to keep a fat hog fat versus a skinny one standing at the DC trough.
The only difference today is the middle class that built this country with blood, sweat and taxes is on life support.
Again as our industrial might goes so goes the middle class. A certain group is after our energy jobs in this country,those jobs bring strength and growth. From the coal mine to the Nuclear Power plant.
Want to talk about subsidies we should be building refineries, power plants, hydro electric dams, Keystone, etc .
These all provide good jobs that pay into the system and stimulate the economy.

Caustic Burno":2rwk9p8p said:
Want to talk about subsidies we should be building refineries, power plants, hydro electric dams, Keystone, etc .
These all provide good jobs that pay into the system and stimulate the economy.

There seems to be an agenda to keep us in strife. Or turn us to another form of government.

Are all the rich people in this country liberals?? I think so because we sure can't seem to find a conservative that will put any money into fighting the government. Look at the damage soros has done to us at the voting booth. I am all for the gas and oil industries, just let them pay their bills with their money. It's ashame that the big oil money won't get ballot initiatives going to abolish the EPA. I don't think they want to, their already making more money than they can spend. If the liberals can get same sex marriage, and weed legalized, and God taking out of the schools and courthouses. Big oil should be able to get the EPA abolished. But don't kid yourself their on the government tit also.

highgrit":1mlnhovi said:
Are all the rich people in this country liberals?? I think so because we sure can't seem to find a conservative that will put any money into fighting the government. Look at the damage soros has done to us at the voting booth. I am all for the gas and oil industries, just let them pay their bills with their money. It's ashame that the big oil money won't get ballot initiatives going to abolish the EPA. I don't think they want to, their already making more money than they can spend. If the liberals can get same sex marriage, and weed legalized, and God taking out of the schools and courthouses. Big oil should be able to get the EPA abolished. But don't kid yourself their on the government tit also.

You think there is a big company not on the government tit? You just picked one your mad at.
You want to get mad at a company take Wal Mart 17 billion in profits and don't pay their workers a decent wage to live on.
The only economy they stimulate is China. Exxon made 44 billion and has much more invested than Wal Mart at least they pay their worker a living wage and pump billions back into local economies. I want them all to make a huge profit here and invest and hire more Americans paying good wages. One off shore oil rig built here cost more than every Wal Mart store in the country.
They all are that is how the game is played. Your state my state is on the tit as well don't go along with the FEDs they will hold your
school or highway dollars or something else. Rick Perry found that out real quick.
There is not a handful of elected politicians for me or you or the country no matter the party.
The ones that don't get with the platform of the DC insiders get to serve one term.