Cattle Fraud?

Help Support CattleToday:

Tim/South

Reaction score
I am hearing rumblings of a major cattle company bouncing checks in Mississippi and Alabama. Is rumored to be much bigger than just these two states.
I believe the company is Mississippi based. I can not find any information online. Has anyone got the scoop on what is going on?
When Eastern went under it caused a lot of hurt. Some never fully recovered.

The company in question is Rawls Livestock- Robert Rawls out of Bogue Chitto, Mississippi. I have a pot load contracted for
June delivery and was informed of the situation. I have sold him several loads over the last 20+ years. A really sad deal.

Concerning Robert Rawls. My husband and I hauled with Robert up until his closing. I will say that Robert was one of the best in the business. It was just a bad situation and brought Robert down with it. It is a terrible feeling to go onto the property of the barn and see such a sad site of a once thriving and successful business owned by one of the most thriving and successful Cattle business owners. To put all of your minds and rumors to ease, Robert Rawls is NOT a FRAUD. Just a great man and business owner caught up in a bad situation. He is Greatly missed and hope he comes back stronger than ever. I cannot understand all of the things that I am reading and being said about situations that are not really known about. Automatically a man is called a fraud because he was caught up in some bad business that he had no control of. If you knew Robert, You knew he was a Great Man and a upfront business owner. Mississippi and the rest of the cattle world will not be the same without him...... Sincerely, Jus1Cowgirl

If you're buying cattle with rubber checks, it's a fraud.. period!.. Perhaps he did get caught up in some bad deals, but with the amount of information we're getting, that doesn't mean much... Just that he's causing others a lot of trouble and losses. If he's a "Great Man", when he comes back up, he'll pay off his debts, and that will be his true test.. Meanwhile let's hope he doesn't take others down with him!

LuvnCattleLife":umm4r7ok said:
Concerning Robert Rawls. My husband and I hauled with Robert up until his closing. I will say that Robert was one of the best in the business. It was just a bad situation and brought Robert down with it. It is a terrible feeling to go onto the property of the barn and see such a sad site of a once thriving and successful business owned by one of the most thriving and successful Cattle business owners. To put all of your minds and rumors to ease, Robert Rawls is NOT a FRAUD. Just a great man and business owner caught up in a bad situation. He is Greatly missed and hope he comes back stronger than ever. I cannot understand all of the things that I am reading and being said about situations that are not really known about. Automatically a man is called a fraud because he was caught up in some bad business that he had no control of. If you knew Robert, You knew he was a Great Man and a upfront business owner. Mississippi and the rest of the cattle world will not be the same without him...... Sincerely, Jus1Cowgirl

Is this one of the snowball effects of the Eastern--Fifth Third fiasco?