Welfare Mom

Help Support CattleToday:

The dollar amounts aren't adding up. The people that a truly know on relief, get far more than that.

True story from this morning:
I stopped in a convenience store for a diet mt dew. A lady in her mid 50's bought somewhere between 25 and 30 little Debbie snack cakes with a snap card. All where individually wrapped. The lady running the register, didn't say her total out loud , but it had to be $30. The same lady could have gone a half mile down the road, to Dollar General Store and gotten two boxes for a few bucks. Why in the world would anybody make such a foolish purchase? Especially somebody living on relief. She paid for a dollar lottery ticket, and a pack Marlboro reds in pocket change. Took 5 minutes for her and the cashier to count it out.

Bigfoot":391fgnpz said:
The dollar amounts aren't adding up. The people that a truly know on relief, get far more than that.

I stopped in a convenience store for a diet mt dew. A lady in her mid 50's bought somewhere between 25 and 30 little Debbie snack cakes with a snap card. All where individually wrapped. The lady running the register, didn't say her total out loud , but it had to be $30. The same lady could have gone a half mile down the road, to Dollar General Store and gotten two boxes for a few bucks. Why in the world would anybody make such a foolish purchase? Especially somebody living on relief. She paid for a dollar lottery ticket, and a pack Marlboro reds in pocket change. Took 5 minutes for her and the cashier to count it out.

One more reason to skip convenience stores whenever possible.

Bigfoot, you ask, "Why in the world would anybody make such a foolish purchase?"

Most folks in that position in life are there because of choices they make. Not just one choice, but a series of them. As they progress in age they still remain with the skills (or lack of) that got them in that predicament. To them, I don't think they consider that a foolish purchase, it's how they function(or all they know).

It only seems foolish to us because we have a different reality.

If you find this frustrating, look back at some of Jay Leno's "Jay Walking" episodes. It shows the ignorance/simplicity of many folks in America. And I always thought those interviews were the best of what they did on the street. Jay often mentioned they were never edited or deleted, what you saw is just what they taped.

Or Jimmy Kimmel's "Lie Witness News" , it shows a side of humanity that is disgusting! But the folks in these programs do not think so!! They obviously don't know any thing else.

Bigfoot":1grr0gt7 said:

They make foolish purchases because they didint have to work for the money :mad: :mad:

My wife has a friend who works for social security and she told us about a single mother here who has six kids and has never worked a day in her life. Between all the programs she is bringing in around $4800/month. She says its sickens her that such well intended programs are abused by so many who have no intention of doing better for themselves. Of course, why should they care?

Back in the summer a lady made a big scene at our local grocery store. She was right in front of me in line, went off because program would mot pay for her fountain drink. She was informed it only payed for bottles or cans. She then looked at me and asked what do you think? I was in good mood said "lady you really don't want to know". But really why in the world should I or us be buying cokes of any type for anyone? Just a first hand example of many, living in a poor rural area.

hurleyjd":3i7f6g0p said:
http://news.yahoo.com/i-am-a-welfare-mom-1318466351882294.html

Wouldn't it be nice to see the other side of the coin?

I am sure her ex-husband would say she was the perfect wife who did everything by the book and gave him absolutely no reason to leave. She was supportive and he made the biggest mistake of his life.............

She picked her husband. She chose to have children. I myself wanted more children but that was not the best option for me.

The welfare system works two ways. If you were raised in the system then you know how to work the system to your advantage. If you was not raised in the system then you are screwed.

A mom on welfare should only have one child. We need population control and it needs to start ASAP. And the people that can't pay for their kids get fixed first.

ram":13vqnngq said:
A mom on welfare should only have one child. We need population control and it needs to start ASAP. And the people that can't pay for their kids get fixed first.

Oh ram! That just stinks rotten!(dripping with sarcasm). Don't talk about population control, and potential solutions...you might offend somebody with the truth and facts.

Red Bull Breeder":1dczalek said:
Kind of hard to stuff one back in once it out.

True, but you sure can fix it before the next one slips out....

Quick story--
I had a client relate these facts to me recently.
His mother had 17 kids.
Father left them (not sure when. He must have come home from time to time.)
He ( my client) has 15 kids with 3 different mothers. He neither supports nor receives help from any of them.)
He turned 62, quit his job (which covered his healthcare and paid into retirement) local govt body.
He now had his CHECK, cashed in his retirement, spent it all on good times, and now can not exist on the small amount of his Social Security check.
back to his family
This means he had 16 siblings with the same upbringing.
If they followed the same path that he did and procreated as he did---

Maybe, just maybe Freddie Gray is related.

What did this family alone cost the taxpayers? :bang:

DO THE MATH! :compute:

I can't pay much for a prize a I am 71, still working and paying my share of taxes.

Don't really think anyone knows the answer tho, because there is no telling the millions they have cost the taxpayers.

I was talking to a gentleman from eastern Ky today. His words not mine, he said 2/3 of his county, and the 3 counties that join him live on public assistance. The 1/3 that works were in the coal industry, or something supporting coal. He said the working people are leaving like rats jumping a sinking ship.

Bigfoot":ijwpuyvp said:
I was talking to a gentleman from eastern Ky today. His words not mine, he said 2/3 of his county, and the 3 counties that join him live on public assistance. The 1/3 that works were in the coal industry, or something supporting coal. He said the working people are leaving like rats jumping a sinking ship.

ky is almost last in almost every aspect. very few actually work a job. I only know of 1 person that actually works a 'job' near me. Shyster is the most prominent occupation it seems.

the people who use and abuse these welfare programs are everywhere btw. not just in rural areas. i have rental properties in many fancy towns and they come left and right with all the assistance. in one town a person with 3 kids can have a 1600/m property paid for. electric / gas is paid for, phones are paid for, and of course about 800/month in 'snap'.

On top of that the kids are usually on a disability program as well and get anywhere from 200 - 800 / month for the kids.

its pretty insane.

Can't tell you the number of times I have seen a Lone Star card used in the grocery line, then the card user takes his or her sacks of gratis groceries to the back seat of a Cadillac Escalade or some other luxury SUV with "blinged out rims."

CowboyBlue":2gbjs1w0 said:
Can't tell you the number of times I have seen a Lone Star card used in the grocery line, then the card user takes his or her sacks of gratis groceries to the back seat of a Cadillac Escalade or some other luxury SUV with "blinged out rims."
But they deserve the fine new car. At least that is what I heard listening to a couple of them talk.
After all, it is free government money and the government can make more money any time it needs to.
In a sense they may have a point. The government borrows money that it can never pay back.
So what is the difference between these people and the government?

Latest posts