Corn Pro stock trailers?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Considering replacing a trailer with some rust issues. Priced a new trailer and saw a 2015 model listed for sale. Anyone have experience with Corn Pro? Used one looks good in the ad and claims to have little use. What percentage of new price would this 4 year old trailer be worth?

Excellent question.
I've seldom seen a newer, clean, no rust trailer for sale, so I couldn't tell you.
I'd say, subtract the price of mounted new set of tires all the way around as = to depreciation.
Very interested hearing others thoughts.

A few around here.
Dealers usually have some newer trade ins where someone went with a bigger one, at a couple grand off new price. Private party would be less.
Auction prices on trailers have been soft recently. Check there.

I agree on the soft prices. If you can find a good clean used one as I would not worry so much about year model and more about condition you ought to get a good deal. I bet sales are slow on new ones and any other farm related equipment compared to 3-4 years ago. THree large farm machinery auctions I attended recently prices were down, but good equipment still sells good, but nothing like new prices.

New is around $5900 and they are asking $4500. I think that is too high.

$3,500 is 59% of new ($5,900)
$4,000 is 68% of new.
$4,500 is 76% of new.
Cattle equipment market 'soft' but I'd have a hard time parting with lightly used trailer for
more than 1/3 off new. For average used 1/2 off, but this one appears to be a good find.

Bigfoot said:
A steel trailers go, a cornpro is a good brand.
Wish I could afford a aluminum one. With my budget I probably need to patch mine up to try to get a few more years.

Son of Butch said:
$3,500 is 59% of new ($5,900)
$4,000 is 68% of new.
$4,500 is 76% of new.
Cattle equipment market 'soft' but I'd have a hard time parting with lightly used trailer for
more than 1/3 off new. For average used 1/2 off, but this one appears to be a good find.
If it looks as good in person that it does in the pictures I might go $4000. 5 years old will probably need tires soon.

I had a 16' CornPro bumper pull stock trailer that I bought second hand for years. It rusted some in the front and we had it reinforced and that held up good afterwards. It pulled good and was very satisfied with it but wanted to change to a gooseneck. I would have been fine with a CornPro gooseneck but the model we were looking at had the front end boxed in over the gooseneck and we just wanted one with a tarp top.

Latest posts