Corn prices around the country?

Help Support CattleToday:

smnherf":2cs8alg7 said:
cash corn this morning locally is $3.68. Ethanol plants are going to make good money at these prices.

Amazing...the board is at $4.306 and the basis $.21 under. I'd buy all I could.

TexasBred":1i2eb4yc said:
smnherf":1i2eb4yc said:
cash corn this morning locally is $3.68. Ethanol plants are going to make good money at these prices.

lots of corn TB If I was a betting man I'd say after looking at all the piles lying on the ground it is gonna get cheaper.

TexasBred":2wn7jzsu said:
smnherf":2wn7jzsu said:

Its 3.58 this am. We are at $.70 under on basis, but it actually was $.75 to .$80 under all summer on nc corn. That is not abnormal for this country as we traditionally have some of the worst basis in the country. Thats one of the reasons cattle feeding industry is shifting north out of the southern high plains.

Lots of corn yet to harvest here. Probably only about 15 to 20% of the corn is harvested in this part of the state.

ibetyamissedme":2i59gji3 said:
TexasBred":2i59gji3 said:
smnherf":2i59gji3 said:

lots of corn TB If I was a betting man I'd say after looking at all the piles lying on the ground it is gonna get cheaper.

Could be but right now March is still at $4.42. Nothing to really move the market one way or the other right now.

ibetyamissedme":zn9kxz4x said:
TexasBred":zn9kxz4x said:
Could be but right now March is still at $4.42. Nothing to really move the market one way or the other right now.
If there is nothing to move the market what moved cash down $.80 in the last two weeks?

The market. ;-)

Latest posts