Corn based gas production.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

auctionboy

Reaction score
I watched a report tonight that said one gallon of corn ethinal gas takes 1 1/2 gallons of normal fossil gas to generate. If this is true how many people would be willing to make money of this and sell there corn this way? I don't think corn is the answer and corn prices will go up for those that buy corn. To bad for anyone who doesn't grow there own corn.

auctionboy":33jt9y21 said:
I watched a report tonight that said one gallon of corn ethinal gas takes 1 1/2 gallons of normal fossil gas to generate. If this is true how many people would be willing to make money of this and sell there corn this way? I don't think corn is the answer and corn prices will go up for those that buy corn. To bad for anyone who doesn't grow there own corn.

Its the corn welfare system in this country. If you want to be more amazed look up corn subsidies.

Maybe this is a round bout way to eliminate corn subsidies?

auctionboy":1ohyi81s said:

Based on a lot of reading, I think your source is wrong. It does depend a lot on who is doing the figuring, but ethanol can be considered to have a net energy gain.
What part of the military budget do we allot to the cost of oil?

Auctionboy

According to the energy experts on this board none of the normal fossil fuel used to generate ethanol can be credited to the byproducts. That is according to the experts here. Ask them yourself. At first I argued the point but then I realized I should take their stand on this matter. They are correct none of the fuel used should be credited to byproducts. And because ethanol is a byproduct of corn production the ethanol can never be credited for any fuel use either. It is the corn and only the corn that uses all the fuel. Ethanol is just a byproduct. It sounds crazy but it is the argument that they chose to use when bashing ethanol. I can't imagine these so called experts would want to change their argument halfway thru. So by all means you should by ethanol because it takes no fossil fuels to produce it. (According to the experts here on the board)

You also might want to read this article it includes the figures that the energy experts on this board have never given me because they don't know what they are.

http://www.ethanol.org/EthanolNewsSpecial1.28.05.htm

If you don't want to read the whole thing just read 2nd paragraph.
Corn Ethanol has a positive energy balance as indicated by an energy output/input ratio of 1.67.

I always was under the impression it was gallon for gallon but I was wrong it is btu for btu. That makes ethanol an even better choice.

Caustic Burno":24vgsu0d said:
Auction boy you must remember somn is a welfare recieptant as he is on the corn subsidy(welfare) rolls.

Which doesn't change the facts.

Frankie":1mbuy6nv said:
Caustic Burno":1mbuy6nv said:
Auction boy you must remember somn is a welfare recieptant as he is on the corn subsidy(welfare) rolls.

You and somn stating facts is like the fox guarding the hen house.
Ethanol is a pork barrel industry and a BS job on the American public just like CAB.

Two classic examples where figures don't lie but liars figure.

MillIronQH":1kvm41ku said:
Didn't some of our grand daddys sell this stuff by the pint?Z

Talk has it that during the depression, in a town not too far from here, what you are talking about was made and bootlegged over to the DFW area and up into Oklahoma big time. People that got too nosy wound up missing, forever. :shock:

Auctionboy

Caustic is correct I am subsidized by the government and admit it. It is hard to not admit it. That information is posted on the internet for everyone to see. Caustic however can't be found on the internet. To find him you will need to look in any line that is giving out handouts. He will be the one in the front of the line shaking his finger at all those behind him.

somn, if you want to take the handouts, thats entirely up to you, but why try to say others that arent are? does that make you feel better about it? jp

I sure do love stirring you guys up. I just don't understand how bootlegging came up?

jp":2hp0xv9p said:
somn, if you want to take the handouts, thats entirely up to you, but why try to say others that arent are? does that make you feel better about it? jp
Read Caustics posts he clearly stated he takes time out of his very busy day to go to the FSA office to sign up for the free handouts. An ag exemption is a hand out just the same. The janitor doesn't get all the exemptions that ag business do. He pays everything he owes. Ag business do not. You must be standing in front of the line shaking your finger at those behind you also if this is to hard for you to understand. This year I will take my subsidy as a tax reduction that way I can be just like the rest of you. I can be a hypocrit and say the government doesn't give me money it is my taxes coming back to me. Just like the welfare cowboy does as he is standing in line signing up for the free handouts.

Caustic Burno":1x726nn9 said:
Frankie":1x726nn9 said:
Caustic Burno":1x726nn9 said:

You and somn stating facts is like the fox guarding the hen house.
Ethanol is a pork barrel industry and a BS job on the American public just like CAB.

Two classic examples where figures don't lie but liars figure.

:roll: And this is a classic example of why your posts are often not worth reading. I'm not saying one way or another about the cost of producing ethanol because I don't know. But just because someone is involved in producing it doesn't make their information wrong. Look at your pal who works for the oil industry; you take his word as solid gold, without a speck of documentation to back it up. Somn has information to back up his claim; yet you bash him just because he's not one of your "boys."

I can say "More Angus bulls were sold in the US last year than any other breed." Just because I raise Angus bulls doesn't make that questionable.

somn":3860ybx8 said:
jp":3860ybx8 said:
Read Caustics posts he clearly stated he takes time out of his very busy day to go to the FSA office to sign up for the free handouts. An ag exemption is a hand out just the same. The janitor doesn't get all the exemptions that ag business do. He pays everything he owes. Ag business do not. You must be standing in front of the line shaking your finger at those behind you also if this is to hard for you to understand. This year I will take my subsidy as a tax reduction that way I can be just like the rest of you. I can be a hypocrit and say the government doesn't give me money it is my taxes coming back to me. Just like the welfare cowboy does as he is standing in line signing up for the free handouts.

Again somn go down to the Ace Hardware and buy your self a head puller as you apparently can't read in the dark. I never said I took any government money like yourself.
The FSA was trying to get the county declared a diaster area to help the poor people after Rita. Which I totally agree with as the per capti income here is about 16,000 a year. You know people that had there homes, and farms destroyed. Not some one like yourself looking to steal from the government. They were trying to get low intrest loans to help people rebuild. Loan you have to repay Subsidy is welfare.

For the life of me, I just don't understand why anybody feels compelled to pay as much tax as they can and refuse as much free money from the government as they can. It's not noble or honorable or 'right' -- it's just silly.

One could argue that if you don't pay your fair share then someone else has to pay it for you, but that only demonstrates naivity at best -- or a complete incomprehension of US monetary policy at worst. What most people fail to realize is that the Federal government does most of what they do nowadays by printing money out of thin air..

If I could turn on my own personal printer and crank out real, honest-to-goodness, legal-tender US dollars for nothing, would any of you turn them down if I offered? Of course not. Would you think it would be a good idea if a printed off billions and billions worth of them and put them into circulation??? Probably not, as they would dilute the value of the ones already in circulation.

BUT, since this is the officially approved work of the Fed and the US Treasury, it's not exactly one of those "if you're not part of the solution..." types of problems. The way I see it, you might as well get your hands on every government dollar you can before they turn the free-money spigot off, because you're not going to stop them, and somebody's gonna benefit legally.

I don't particularly like it, but that's how it is.

We can send a man to the moon but we still have to make energy out of matter. Stupid. It may take a few generations but one day they will look back at us and find it primitive to make energy from matter. There is plenty of energy free for the using now we just don't know how to catch it.

cmjust0":22anr3kf said:
For the life of me, I just don't understand why anybody feels compelled to pay as much tax as they can and refuse as much free money from the government as they can. It's not noble or honorable or 'right' -- it's just silly.

One could argue that if you don't pay your fair share then someone else has to pay it for you, but that only demonstrates naivity at best -- or a complete incomprehension of US monetary policy at worst. What most people fail to realize is that the Federal government does most of what they do nowadays by printing money out of thin air..

If I could turn on my own personal printer and crank out real, honest-to-goodness, legal-tender US dollars for nothing, would any of you turn them down if I offered? Of course not. Would you think it would be a good idea if a printed off billions and billions worth of them and put them into circulation??? Probably not, as they would dilute the value of the ones already in circulation.

BUT, since this is the officially approved work of the Fed and the US Treasury, it's not exactly one of those "if you're not part of the solution..." types of problems. The way I see it, you might as well get your hands on every government dollar you can before they turn the free-money spigot off, because you're not going to stop them, and somebody's gonna benefit legally.

It's not free it came from working American's pockets to pay farmers. I guess it's free to you as long as it didn't come from your pocket. Why should the American taxpayer support you ?
Are you to poor a farmer to make it on your own?
It's welfare plan and simple.
Why should the American taxpayer pay billions in farm subsidies.
It might be legal so is the rest of the liberal welfare system and no different.
I can hear you now gripping about all those other welfare recieptants.

Caustic Burno":pf8dzbo8 said:
cmjust0":pf8dzbo8 said:

It's not free it came from working American's pockets to pay farmers. I guess it's free to you as long as it didn't come from your pocket. Why should the American taxpayer support you ?
Are you to poor a farmer to make it on your own?
It's welfare plan and simple.
Why should the American taxpayer pay billions in farm subsidies.
It might be legal so is the rest of the liberal welfare system and no different.
I can hear you now gripping about all those other welfare recieptants.

Caustic you can't fool anyone it might not be my money but that poor janitor has to pay more into the government every year as his business suffers just to help finance the incompetent welfare cowboy and his ranch. Then the welfare cowboy goes and signs up for even more free money that the janitor has to supply then the welfare cowboy makes the claim it was low interest loans and he signed up for other people. I've never heard of that putting your own signature on a loan with the proceeds going to other people? It was free money and the welfare cowboy tried to get all the free money he could get. I bet he is on food stamps also he just hasn't let that slip out of his mouth yet. Maybe he is not using the food stamps yet this year he might have some of that $1755.00 of free money givin to him at the expense of the janitor leftover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts