Connealy Sandman/Sydgen Exceed

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these bulls or have any experience with these bulls?
They both have really good marbling epds. I noticed that Connealy Angus stills owns part of the Sandman.
The only Sydgen bull that had any traction seems to be C, C &7.

Seen Exceed a couple of times, I like the son Sydgen Enhance better. Marbing EPD is 1.2 (Enhance) vs 1.43 (Exceed). Most of the other numbers Enhance blows him away (CED 12, WW 72, YW 140)..

Sydgen Mandate and Trust I felt like had some traction both bulls have over 2,000 Weaning weights recorded on AHIR. The neat thing about all three bulls is they were all born in January/feb 2006.

Sydgen has a hidden gem at ABS in Black Pearl. He's extremely well rounded and checks all the boxes. I'll probably use him myself this spring.

GN+":2xozzntt said:
Sydgen has a hidden gem at ABS in Black Pearl. He's extremely well rounded and checks all the boxes. I'll probably use him myself this spring.
I agree. His calves are nice imo

Happy with our black pearls so far. Bulls and heifers looking good at 5 months.

We have our first Exceed calves on the ground now and we are liking their looks and dispositions. In my opinion they are growing fairly well. Maybe slightly behind on the scales but not by longshots. I think the females are going to be great replacements.

I have a few Black Pearls and very happy with them. The only thing I found was in my herd he was not as calving ease as his numbers suggested, I got a couple around 45kg (100lb) in heifers but may be more to do with my management as over 2200 progeny recorded in Australia now and his calving numbers are holding up.

Ken

The Angus Association moved away from birth weights to calving ease.
I saw somewhere here a breeder had heifers with birth weights in the 90's.
The bull is a +11 CED and +1.3 BW. The most common thing you have people carrying on
about is having low birthweight calves and how that is going to end the world.
The advice veteran cattlemen have always given me is to be careful with your heifers that your goal should be to get a live calf on the ground.

Air gator":1pn9s2q4 said:
Does anyone know anything about these bulls or have any experience with these bulls?
They both have really good marbling epds. I noticed that Connealy Angus stills owns part of the Sandman.
The only Sydgen bull that had any traction seems to be C, C &7.
SAF Fame. SAF Focus of ER. SAF Nuetron. SAF 598 Bando 5175. SAF Connection. On and On and on. Sydgenstrickers have had A LOT of heavily used bulls.

We went up to their sale after I visited with Ben up there. We left with 3 of the best looking bulls we have all seen. Their cows make the difference. We have been very impressed with their genetics. We bought a Compression son (CC&7 grandson), a Rock Star son and a Connealy Cool son. All 3 were selected on a variety of traits as well as a good dose of information from Ben on the cow families. We are a cow/calf operation so we are very focused on the maternal genetics. Obviously the bull has to have a good sire with good numbers as well. We go for very balanced traits.

I will add this: we have been all over Texas looking for good bulls and annually analyze 15,000 plus bulls for sale either online, by catalog or at the sales. The Sydenstricker bulls are as good as we have seen. Full stop.