Sydgen Fate 2800

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Thinking old school a little for the fall angus AI breeding. Any experience with this bull long term? Wanted to use on a few heifers but wanted to see what the long term results were for replacements.. plan to keep the females. I am a little worried about the foot angle and hp with the data, but perfer your experienced advice since it was only a few. Any other -proven- heifer bulls out there that are solid you would recommend? Looking for fertility, cem, decent feet and balanced traits preferably

I have not seen any Fate progeny but have seen several Black Pearl females that I have liked. We have some Sydgen Exceed females that we really are happy with.

I have not seen any Fate progeny but have seen several Black Pearl females that I have liked. We have some Sydgen Exceed females that we really are happy with.
I noticed after asking thr above that they didn't show the dam of fate but did daughters. Not sure i like those udders but I definitely like black pearl's dam photo. Did you ever see their feet? Angle EPD looks bad with that many turned in. Thoughts?

I noticed after asking thr above that they didn't show the dam of fate but did daughters. Not sure i like those udders but I definitely like black pearl's dam photo. Did you ever see their feet? Angle EPD looks bad with that many turned in. Thoughts?
The Black Pearl's I've seen were young bred heifers but feet looked good. They were all from reputable breeders in my area. One of those breeders has ties to Sydendstricker and their program is probably of at least 95% genetic influence by Sydgen. That being said we have used Exceed and Enhance and have not had any feet issues yet. But now with epds for foot scores available we do use that information to help with our AI bull selection and Exceed doesn't make the cut for us based on foot scores. Nor do most of the Sydgen bulls available.

we have just used fate and black pearl both but not alot because we used their sire (trust) alot. we have some fate yearlings cant really speak for the feet, they look great at this stage. but growth is there. had just a couple out of heifers no issues at calving.

last fall we used black diamond, stealth, and gavel, with niagara and growth fund. if you want a multitrait bull with good hp and cem along really good growth try stealth.

used enhance one year, got just a few of those as well the steers were pretty average on adg in the feedlot and below average on days on feed but EXCEPTIONAL on marbling. i know if they were graded they would have been prime. the females sure look the part as heavy bred heifers. feet were fine

Latest posts