Connealy In Sure 8524

Help Support CattleToday:

Farmgirl

Reaction score
Anyone use this bull? Considering him to take some birth weight off some big cows.

Thanks,
Farmgirl

Never used him but to me he looks a little short coupled, that is from images though. If you have some longer calves he will definitely drop that BW for ya. But the real question that I should ask before suggesting anything is what kinda market are you trying to hit?

Farmgirl, I will have to agree with animalsci2011. I think he is a bit short coupled as well, although he is a nice muscled up bull. He would be much nicer if he had more length.

Go to this site and type in the numbers you desire in a bull, and the accuracies (don't forget to use the decimal point) in low birth weights, and it will pull up the most used AI bulls. I always use .05 accuracy so that it doesn't leave any of the bulls out.
http://www.angus.org/Nce/SireSummarySearchCriteria.aspx

Hey Farmgirl,

I am going to make a suggestion and you can take it however you want. If you are only looking to make average growing animals and drop the BW then by all means go with In Sure. If not go to the GENEX website and look at their sire listings. They have a few animals that have nearly the same low BW and have YW, WW values that are much higher. If you ignore accuracy then I would suggest using one of the others. Accuracy in genetics in general should be used just as a tiebreaker if two animals are extrememly similar. I was going to suggest looking at a bull like S A HIGH DEFINITION 560. But play around on there a little and keep us update on what you liked.

Have a good day.

I looked at the High Definition bull. He is DDC and has a huge milk number. That was enough for me to steer clear of him. I talked to the owner of the In Sure bull. Said he has been heavily used. Growth is not a problem on these cows. We are willing to give up some growth to get the birth weights down.

Farmgirl

Sorry Farmgirl,

I didn't read the little side note on him with the DDC, not sure exactly what will become of that trait anyways. The main reason I asked the question was to see if you were marketing to seedstock producers or if you were running a commercial herd. I assume out your way people take more into account than just a low BW, too many people I see get caught up on that and pass on bulls that should be better genetically in terms of growth, if feed resources are accurate. Anyways I hope he does well for ya. Have a great day.

Latest posts