Not sure what to call this thread - sad

Help Support CattleToday:

I am really sorry for your loss Jeanne. She was a beautiful cow. We lost one a few years ago in a similar fashion. She rolled uphill during the night and we found her dead the next morning. It is a real punch to the gut when that happens. I hope that her daughter flushes well and that you are able to continue that line. I hope that the rest of the New Year is better to you.

So sorry ! We can really get close to our animals even cows . Never showed cattle but have friends that do and I know how much time and energy they put into their animals. Glad you have some her genetics.

Some of you may know we had a tremendous show season in 2021. Had a cow/calf pair that won Supreme everywhere as a pair and the calf herself won several Grand Champion Simmentals (including NYSF).
Old news.
Well we announced we would consign the heifer calf to our Stars & Stripes Sale and planned to flush the cow after she calved (due 1-15) - and was going to offer full sib embryos in the sale. Had professional pictures taken last fall while the cow was CLEAN and looked great with full udder for PR.
Fast forward to 3 days ago - went out back with bales on tractor - cow with feet up - yup, our show cow. Dead. Got feet uphill and rolled onto her back.
I'm sick - not physically - mentally!!
So, plan B. We are going to flush the daughter before putting her in the sale. Won't put embryos in sale unless she produces a lot. Plan IVF reverse sort.
Just thought I would share. We all know if you have livestock - you have dead stock - but this one really sucked.
Why does it always have to be one of the best in the dang herd? I am so sorry for your loss not how you want to start the year for sure.

Jeanne know the feeling the cow I euthanized last week had a who's who pedigree.
I was going to get back in touch with Brute to come get her to flush.
That ship didn't sail it sunk.

Yup, know that puke feeling. And it comes up when I see all her pictures I have used advertising. Working on my current newsletter, and I have a full page ad about her again. Well, did have. I changed it advertising her daughter.

Latest posts