Connealy Comrade or Connealy Combination?

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
If you had a choice, which bull would you choose...Connealy Comrade or Connealy Combination?
I'm planning on keeping the females. Thanks in advance.

Warrior2154

Reaction score
I like comrade over combination, in my opinion. I like that comrade has more milk and that he has good feet, but both bulls seem to be good bulls. What are your goals for the replacement females?

jscunn

Reaction score
Havent seen many but the few I have seen, Connealy Comrade heifers were fantastic. They were better than the Connealy Confidence and Limelight heifers in the same program. If it matters in January of 2015 I chose Courage over Comrade, looks like another mistake on my part.. The Comrades were good, really good.

OP
A

Air gator

Reaction score
I was really curious whether people would pick a son of the old Consensus or 7229.
I am really waiting to see if Black Granite is going to be a dominant sire based on how many calves he should have.
I would also like to see where the CEM ends up for 7229 sons.
Ideally my heifers will produce easy keeping bulls with growth and moderate mature size.

Warrior2154

Reaction score
Air gator":ta4gri8x said:
I was really curious whether people would pick a son of the old Consensus or 7229.
I am really waiting to see if Black Granite is going to be a dominant sire based on how many calves he should have.
I would also like to see where the CEM ends up for 7229 sons.
Ideally my heifers will produce easy keeping bulls with growth and moderate mature size.

I am a big fan of 7229. I have only seen a few black granite offspring, but I did like them a lot. So another reason I like comrade better is he is sired by 7229 and then has 5050 as well.

Latest posts