condervation reserve program

Help Support CattleToday:

rc

Reaction score
Progressive farmer had a good article on the CRP this month and how farmers are pulling land out of it and planting crops. I wonder if the fee's paid by Gov. will increase due to loosing so much land?

They are required to go to the end of the contract, and many will not renew.

I think you can break the contract but then you have to pay penalties and interest but I'm not positive.

You can break the contract, but you will must repay the benefits you received, penalties, and interest. We've seen quite a bit of it broke in our area this year. If corn and soybeans stay up, you're going to see a lot more of it broke.

Jogeephus":2d5qxpt6 said:
I think you can break the contract but then you have to pay penalties and interest but I'm not positive.

Yup, thats true. I wonder if the CRP payments on new contracts will go up?

mnmtranching":3u59uqlb said:
Jogeephus":3u59uqlb said:

Yup, thats true. I wonder if the CRP payments on new contracts will go up?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I got this feeling they really want to shut down agriculture in this country and buy from overseas. Did you read the article about Global Warming in National Geographic? One of the solutions they mentioned was to end all tillage of the soil cause it is bad in respect to CO2 storage. Some of these Green ideas are scary and not well thought out but I'll stop now before I go on a tyrade.

Come on Jogee. go on a tyrade you post some neat stuff when you do that. :D Have no fear if you get to wild the thread lockers are here some where. I think there is not going to be any new contracts in a few years.

Joe, was that in the same issue. Where the article on the "Mini Ice Age" by the Global Warming (overwhelming evidence guru's) They say " We could very well be headed for a year without Summer"

Yeah :shock: :cry2: Because of Human caused Global Warming. :frowns: What have we done. :help: :help: And look at the cold Summer we're having!! What have we done?? :devil2:

I try to be open minded and draw my own conclusions based on whatever information I can come up with. One source that I find very valuable are older people. One man I know is 85 and is as sharp as a tac, and I asked him if he had ever seen anything like the droughts we have recently suffered and he started naming them off with the worst being in 1954 when the river dried up and the fish died.

I also wonder about our perception of the weather. This came to mind the other day when I had to stay home rather than going into work. Normally I'm gone fairly early and work outside all day. On this particular day I lounged around the house till I was relieved that afternoon, I stepped out of the house and the heat just took my breath away and I was glad I had been able to miss work cause it was just too hot. I then wondered if Fat Albert didn't have a point. Then I looked at the thermometer and found it was actually one of the coolest days we had experienced in a week or so. So I guess some of our perceptions of the weather might be somewhat biased. I know I could never work in the heat as I do unless I acclimate myself to it thru the morning but this is how it has always been even before me.

Saw an article last night on the USDA site that Senator Grassley is asking for CRP land to be released w/o penalty since the midwest floods are affecting many grain crops.... nothing has been decided but he is asking.

Latest posts