Comfort Food!

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":34l6aut0 said:
Crazy Farmgirl":34l6aut0 said:
I do several soups, like hillsdown I make them thick and hearty. Bean w/Ham, Split pea w/ham, Creamy Potato, Vegetable beef or pork, Chicken stew w/dumplings, New England style Clam Chowder, boiled dinner, cheddar broccoli, seven bean white chili and regular chili.

Been wondering what to do with the Oxtail...I'm thinking it's gonna be soup!

Got a dog? :lol2:

You have obviously never sucked on one of those little bones before :p

alisonb":21a9oln9 said:
Been wondering what to do with the Oxtail[/b][/u]...I'm thinking it's gonna be soup!

Got a dog? :lol2

No and there's another little verse right under it. I don't plan to start anytime soon unless you can convince me that you can make it unbelievably good. :lol2:

TexasBred":1py88uyg said:
alisonb":1py88uyg said:
Been wondering what to do with the Oxtail[/b][/u]...I'm thinking it's gonna be soup!

No and there's another little verse right under it. I don't plan to start anytime soon unless you can convince me that you can make it unbelievably good. :lol2:

I have chili con carne on right now for dinner . Does that meet your approval TB ? :wave:

Jogeephus":j3bt8ttr said:
I doubt it. He probably only likes Texas chili with meat in it. ;-)

That is how I make chili here. Ground beef , garlic, onions, green peppers,fire roasted red peppers, jalapenos, cremini mushrooms all simmered in a home made tomato based sauce . I do add beans to it as well as sun dried tomatoes . Serve with a sprinkle of tex mix cheese .
Of course some mystery spices to give just the right flavours .

That sounds good. Chili is good stuff especially when someone goes the extra mile with it and tosses in those delectible extras. :nod:

hillsdown":1m8sovo9 said:
TexasBred":1m8sovo9 said:
alisonb":1m8sovo9 said:

I have chili con carne on right now for dinner . Does that meet your approval TB ? :wave:

As longas the "carne" is not from oxtail it's probably delicious.

TexasBred":9p6v3kns said:
It has been found that blindfolding heightens one's sense of taste and smell(dark restaurants), now I bet if someone blindfolded you and told you you were eating some other cut, you would not know the difference.... or perhaps you would ;-)

alisonb":tvg38zb0 said:
TexasBred":tvg38zb0 said:
It has been found that blindfolding heightens one's sense of taste and smell(dark restaurants), now I bet if someone blindfolded you and told you you were eating some other cut, you would not know the difference.... or perhaps you would ;-)
I saw a tv show once where they were eating in the dark. I'd probably end up under the table. ;-)

How's this look for comfort food? It not turkey but chicken.

StirFryChickSaus.jpg

Latest posts