Michelle O partnering with Big Food company

Help Support CattleToday:

I could not get the link to open so had to go elsewhere - do not have the whole story but the headlines were interesting

With Monsanto? !!

LOLOL!

Lordy the vegans, organics and lefties will all have a field day.

Then again as she comes from an "underprivileged group" they would not dare.

Looking forward to seeing how the media plays this one out.

Smart move on Monsanto's part.

I wonder what the pay is going to be - because you can be sure she is not doing it for free. At a minimum, it will be "future considerations".

Probably looking to leave her man after he is out of office - I think she is tired of him playing both sides of the fence - and after the big funeral and the blonde episode I bet she is really tired of him.

Bez__

I should have copied the entire story as it looks like the government has take the website down. LOL

It said they were going to promote "Healthy Genetically Modified Food"

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2014072534 ... -food.html
WASHINGTON, D.C. Eagle News – Michelle Obama's effort to slim down America's youth has struck a "potentially transformative" deal michelle-o-veggiewith a major agriculture company.

DailyLeak.org reports the first lady is teaming up with Monsanto to promote "'healthy' genetically modified food to children." The company has agreed to spend $50 million on the effort over five years.

"When I see a company like Monsanto launch an initiative like this, I feel more hopeful than ever before," Obama at a recent event to announce the deal. "We can improve how we make and sell food in this country."

"It's a natural extension of what we do," Monsanto official Michael Stern, told the Associated Press.

Maybe so, but it's not clear how a company that's primarily known for producing seeds and herbicides for farmers is going to nudge children into eating foods the first lady thinks they should be eating.

Details of this deal have been sketchy, perhaps intentionally so. After all, the unholy alliance of Big Government and Big Business is one definition of fascism.

DailyLeak.org suggests the first lady's willingness to partner with a big food corporation could be yet another sign that "she's getting more aggressive" about promoting her "Let's Move!" anti-childhood obesity campaign.

"Late last year she convened a White House summit to convince agribusiness to rethink their marketing efforts towards children," the news site notes.

That wasn't the first time Michelle Obama has urged a food-related company to "rethink" its business practices. In 2012, the Mars candy company agreed to discontinue its king-size candy bars, in deference to the first lady's effort to control what Americans eat.

"Let's Move!" Executive Director Sam Kass called the White House's deal with Monsanto "potentially transformative."

Again, what that means in specific, concrete terms is anyone's guess.

But as DailyLeak.org notes, "One move by Monsanto can ripple throughout the industry, and the company has grown increasingly bold in tackling complex social and political issues."

The company also has strong ties to Democrats. Again from DailyLeak.org:

"In recent years, Monsanto has reached out to Democrats and sought out political appointments within government. Michael Taylor, Monsanto's former Vice President for Public Policy, is now Deputy Commissioner of the Federal Drug and Food Administration."

I did read where she was wanting something in grocery carts that told you if was bad food or not. Can't imagine hearing Mooies voice saying "Better put those Oreos back."

slick4591":27kiuzi7 said:
I did read where she was wanting something in grocery carts that told you if was bad food or not. Can't imagine hearing Mooies voice saying "Better put those Oreos back."
Put her face on those Oreos and you wouldn't want them anyway. Watusi is U-gly.

TexasBred":1ku0gz73 said:
slick4591":1ku0gz73 said:
Put her face on those Oreos and you wouldn't want them anyway. Watusi is U-gly.

Placing her husband's likeness in the candy and junk food isles seems to work well.

Latest posts