101_0663.jpg

heifer, Waga Agayev
101_0664.jpg

heifer, Topaz
101_0665.jpg

char X bull,
101_0670.jpg

sidney411":2w71tqfd said:
Nice, the 3rd bull calf would make an awesome rug!

#8 - did the neighbors bull join the party?

Actually, sid, the 3rd bull I'm considering leaving intact for the time being. Although the pic doesn't show it, he could be a very nice bull.

And it was mama that decided the grass was greener so to speak. She went over to the neighbors for a visit and came back bred. :oops:

what would typical weaning weights be on from straightbred longhorn cattle? I know there will be as much difference within the breed and between different breeds, but just an average ballpark figure will do.

I like all the Longhorn calves but #seven (the heifer). Hard to tell from one pic, but she looks a little frail. It doesn't look like her Mom is milking all that well or something. Since we are going INTO the winter, you might want to pen the pair, de-worm them both, and throw a little grain with free choice hay at the two some. That will also shake off any other calves/calf who Mom might also be letting nurse.

Brandonm2":13gfqq2q said:
I like all the Longhorn calves but #seven (the heifer). Hard to tell from one pic, but she looks a little frail. It doesn't look like her Mom is milking all that well or something. Since we are going INTO the winter, you might want to pen the pair, de-worm them both, and throw a little grain with free choice hay at the two some. That will also shake off any other calves/calf who Mom might also be letting nurse.

That calf is the smallest by far. She belongs to our son. She is a first calf from a heifer that was given to him, that had a broke hip. She has been supplemented, and will be taken off her mama shortly.

~

Congrats on a healthy calf crop.

The color IS fabulous~!

So... did ya name them ?

CowCop":rwo24gix said:
~

Congrats on a healthy calf crop.

The color IS fabulous~!

So... did ya name them ?

Thanks,

The girls have been named. If I decide to keep the bulls for whatever resaon they will be. I'll edit, to include names. ;-)

Latest posts